“I can't believe some of these petty reviews.”
Review of Oheka Castle

Oheka Castle
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Huntington
Inner Harbor, Baltimore, Maryland
“I can't believe some of these petty reviews.”
Reviewed October 25, 2007

The venue, the people, the entire event... was incredible.
End of story.....what a fantastic, magical place.
All I can is, there's about 300 people from all over the US that will be talking about this place until the day they cross over...thanks to the way they were treated this past weekend.

Great place...trust me.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank peterkf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New York
Reviewed July 20, 2007

My sister had her wedding at Oheka Castle yesterday and booked my husband and me a room there. I have to say that I was very impressed by the attention that was given not only to my sister, but also to all of the guests of the castle. The staff was very curteous and helpful. I was there with my 2 little children from 10 AM, and I even had the bridal attendant helping me with the baby.
The ceremony was amazing and could not have gone any better. Although 2 nights before, there had been a small fire at the castle due to a lightning strike and there was even flooding (I'm guessing because of the fire department extinguishing the fire), the castle was up, running, and looking expectacular in time for the wedding.
The actual party went without a hitch. My sister was extremely happy and enjoyed her day to the fullest.
My room was excellent. My only complaint is that there was no room service after 10 PM and @ 4 AM I was starving (after too much dancing).
Thank you Oheka Castle for making my sister's day so marvelous and our stay a happy one.

• Liked — the scenery, the staff's attentiveness, the accommodations
  • Disliked — no room service after 10 pm
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank patri79
bay area, ca
Reviewed December 4, 2006

The castle and grounds are beautiful and feel a world away from Long Islands strip malls. That said, this was more like staying at a large b and b than a luxury hotel -- no food service after breakfast (which was very good for a continental breakfast), pool closed for renovations, very few people around.

I am picky about cleanliness and was not impressed with stained carpet and I believe that mushrooms (or a similar looking fungus) were growing in the corner of the rug. No, I'm not kidding. That said, the room was spacious and elegantly appointed and despite the weddings it was very quiet.

• Liked — The setting, ambience
  • Disliked — the carpet in my room!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
9 Thank itiner-rant
OHEKA, Manager at Oheka Castle, responded to this review, October 1, 2009
There was indeed a tiny spot of mold which had developed between two panes of glass on the shower door. The door has since been replaced. Cleanliness is of the utmost importance to Oheka and our staff are constantly monitored to ensure the estate, gardens and guestrooms are always in top form.
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2006

My fiance and I spent Valentine's Day at Oheka Castle in February 2006. To be honest, we were expecting more for paying $600 per night. We were guaranteed a deluxe room with a view of the gardens as well as a 5 course dinner.

The room we stayed in had nice marble bathroom...but that's about it. The TV did not work properly and the window was tiny that barely a ray of sunshine was able to peep through. I think the formal gardens were out there...but who could tell ?!?! I was also disappointed that there was no room service. When our stomachs started to growl the only thing we could do was drink some water - restaurants would not even deliver food to us.

Dinner was absolutely atrocious. Everything was over or undercooked and very bland. Oheka does provide a nice continental breakfast for guests but don't have the croissants - true sand paper.

The grounds are nice but definitely look more luxurious in pictures. In addition, the Castle is just too far out of the way - too far from NYC, too far from shopping, too far from decent food. it's not a treasure worth finding.

Overall, the castle and staff have a cold feel. We were going to have our wedding there and even left a monetary deposit but eventually we decided to move our wedding to a warmer environment.

• Liked — Marble bathroom
  • Disliked — Poor food. Inattentive staff. Distance from activities
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not waste your money
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
17 Thank Lisa B
OHEKA, Owner/Manager at Oheka Castle, responded to this review, August 26, 2009
The reviewer actually booked her wedding at Oheka a few weeks after Valentine's Day and then cancelled for personal reasons. The reviewer was then discontented with our standard cancellation policy. Oheka is always open to receiving honest reviews which help us to improve the service we provide to our guests. Unfortunately, this review is inappropriate.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Melville Marriott Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Melville

Been to Oheka Castle? Share your experiences!