“Excellent Restaurant”

Restaurant Joanina
Ranked #1 of 224 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: To all of our valued customers and friends, we thank you for choosing us over and over again and hope that we can continue to serve you for many years to come.
New York City, New York
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A really nice spot to have a really fine meal. Good wine, good service, good food.
We have eaten here many times and brought friends and family. Always a great meal. It's really good Italian food. It is truly a amazing quality of their dishes time after time.

2 Thank L A

new york
“Very good.....”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

6:30 reservation Sat night place was pretty crowded ......walked in ready to order a round of drinks at the bar and were called for our table. Ordered drinks while looking at the menu ....Goose island ale served ice cold a very good start. Salads and calamari appetizer very good. My wife had the pizza w/proscuitto and Argula, I had the roasted Branzini over escarole, our friends had the chicken scarpiello and husband the skirt steak, everyone enjoyed their meals, no complaints, all well prepared and presented. Another plus is that for a Saturday night we werent rushed....I'd return

• Visited October 2013
Huntington, New York
“Always excellent, staff always wonderful”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have been to Joanina about 2 dozen times, bringing friends and family with us and turning more of them into Joanina fans.
Everything on the menu is wonderful, the wine list is extraordinary (as well as the Wine Shop next door - leave time to visit). The wine of the week is always a great bet if you don't like the whole picking out a great wine thing. I have to say our 3 favorite dishes are the Chicken Scarpiello, Lamb Chops (yup in an Italian restaurant) and the unbelievable pounded pork chop (who orders a pork chop out-well start). The pasta is awesome. One bit of advice, if you are a dessert fan and you should be here don't order an appetizer, they give you more than enough to eat, go for the gelato (have to ask) or the linzer pie, awesome!!

3 Thank Linda T
Huntington, New York
“The more you go, the more you love it!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

There are few restaurants I would go back to, especially for Italian food as I come from a family of wonderful Italian cooks. I return to Joanina often and am always impressed with the food, the service and the decor. The speck pizza, gorgonzola salad, chicken scarpiello and veal cannelloni are "to die for." The staff is also passionate and knowledgeable about the wines offered. I have watched Joanina as it has evolved over the past years and with each change it only gets better.

We recently hosted a rehearsal dinner for 60 people at Joanina's. It could not have been better ...or easier to arrange. Even my very picky Italian family members had rave reviews (a first)!

3 Thank ItalianFoodie2013
New York City, New York
“It made me feel like I was back in Italy”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This restaurant never disappoints us. We have been there several times over the years, and have never had a bad meal. The atmosphere is cozy and welcoming. The service is friendly and helpful. We were seated right on time for our 8:30 reservation. Tried the fried calamari, which was crispy and not soggy like we've had in some other places. We shared an order of gnocchi, as an appetizer, which were to die for. I make my own gnocchi and can truly say these were better than mine. Our friends had the chicken valdostana which was outstanding. i always have the Pollo at forno, which makes me feel like I'm eating healthy. It was so moist and tasty, I'm craving for it right now. My husband had the fish of the day, and that, too, was delicious. Going back this weekend. Only bad thing is the parking, which can get a little difficult, but that's true with most restaurants in the area. Wish they had more room for outdoor seating. Only a couple of tables available and they are right next to the curb which I can't imagine would make for a very relaxing meal.
As we finished our meal, the waiter hands all the ladies at the table a fresh rose. Nice touch!

• Visited August 2013