“Great food, good service, but noisy.”
Review of Restaurant Joanina

Restaurant Joanina
Ranked #1 of 229 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: To all of our valued customers and friends, we thank you for choosing us over and over again and hope that we can continue to serve you for many years to come.
Centerport, New York
“Great food, good service, but noisy.”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

What makes an upscale restaurant stand out? Joanina has good tasting and varied food. The dishes change reasonably frequently, and that helps keep the place interesting. Service is friendly; and most important to me, the pacing is just right. I hate either to wait way too long, or to feel rushed. My only concern about Joanina is that it does get crowded, and when busy, the noise level is high; not good for conversation, that's for sure. Perhaps they could do something about it; sound baffles, better carpeting, etc. Give it an extra star if you go at six p.m. on a non-weekend day! It's assuredly a special-event quality place in Huntington, which out of the box has a plethora of fine eateries.

• Visited December 2012

Dix Hills
“Excellent Italian at good prices”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant a handful of times and have never been disappointed. Excellent choices of wine, and the pasta dishes are just amazing. Friendly and efficient service, and a cozy dining room make it a winner.

Lakeland, Florida
“One of the best”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I have been here twice now, and I must say that the only aspect of this restaurant that outshines the warmth and friendliness of the staff (right up to the owner!) is the quality of the food. Seasonal, fresh and well prepared, the food here is exceptional. I'm a little reluctant to offer this review because when people read it, Joanina will become even more popular than it already is, and I won't be able to get a seat.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank crownvicnick
Port Jefferson, New York
“Pre Concert Dinner”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Went to Joanina for a pre-concert dinner at the recommendation of a friend and was not disappointed. We were warmly greeted and brought to our table. The atmosphere is very nice and relaxing. Had a very nice bottle of Morellino from an excellent wine list. We started with ZUPPA DI COZZE E VONGOLE which was very good. The clams and mussels were fresh and the sauce was rich and flavorful without being heavy- there wasn't a drop left after we sopped it up with the bread! I had one of the specials which was the Whole Roasted Seasonal Fish. That night it was striped bass. All I could say is WOW. The fish was de-boned and grilled perfectly. A slight smoke and perfectly seasoned. Served with fresh veggies and roasted potatoes. The only drawback was I was told it would be served on a bed of Escarole- but no big deal. My girl had the CAVATELI POVERELLO which was also good although the flavor was a little lacking. Could have used a little more salt and or Ricotta Salata and maybe the garlic could have sauteed in the oil a little longer. But it was still a good dish. For dessert we shared the Pumpkin Cheese Cake which was very good. Nice and light with just enough pumpkin. Overall a very good experience and I would recommend. Prices are also very good especially in light of the quality ingredients being use. Service was also very good.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank cosmicdebris3
Huntington Station, New York
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Joanina's is consistently delicious and well worth a visit at anytime but especially for a special occasion. Beautifully decorated, a little slice of Italy. Beautiful bar area...have never had bad food there. They give each of the ladies a rose on the way out which is a nice touch. Regardless of age too...Make a trip soon.

1 Thank jsl3494