“Great vibe, great staff”
Review of Vitae Restaurant and Wine Bar - CLOSED

Vitae Restaurant and Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Carver Street
Transit: LIRR Huntington Station. Taxi & Shuttle Service available at train station.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stopped in to have a glass of wine and dinner while here on a business trip. I sat in the corner at the bar and was treated like a queen by Jennifer the wonderful bartender. She suggested I try something from the special restaurant week menu and I was not disappointed. The dumplings were delicious, and I loved the fresh made doughnuts for dessert. Highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely stop by again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

wonderful place to go to with your wife or a group, went on aFriday night ,had a great 2 person band or singers good tunes and not to loud

1  Thank joe c
Reviewed October 9, 2013

When in Huntington, this is a good spot but it's a bit expensive. The portions are good sized as are the drinks.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Good location. Ample parking. Nice atmosphere and good service. Food..? not so much. Had an excellent wedge salad then things went downhill. Got the thai /chili glazed calamari that to me tasted like it was from TGIF. Way too much going on. Then we had 2 pasta dishes and again the ingredients were good but it's as if the chef was trying to hard. Trying to get every flavor possible into one dish. But hey, that's just my opinion. We left most everything except the salad.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Vitae is an elegant venue in Huntington. The atmosphere is chic, the service is exactly what you would expect in an upscale restaurant, our waiter was very attentive and informative. The food is fantastic, we've eaten here now 3 times, this visit was for our anniversary.....the sweet thai/chile glazed calamari was incredible, when our plate was taken away, it was clean. My husband filet mignon, perfectly medium rare, my crab cake dish was delicious...we shared the salad special, it was a tower constructed of tomatoes, chilled asparagus, bacon and topped with the most incredibly tossed and seasoned chick peas....we ended our meal w/cappucino mousse and berries over shortcake....and my mojito were so refreshing!! The chef is a genius and the owner Vince is a charming doll of a guy.....Vitae for excellence. It will meet and exceed all your expectations!