“great little bar” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sapsuckers Hops & Grub
Ranked #46 of 220 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“great little bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Too bad we ate before we found this place! Excellent service, nice beer selection, small dark and cozy. The menu looked awesome and the "pretzel" the guy next to us had smelled heavenly. Very friendly. It will be my first choice next time!

• Visited June 2013

Bethpage, New York
“One of the best places on LI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've never had anything off the menu that wasn't excellent!! Love Love Love this place!!!!!!!!!! Been here many times. What stands out for me are the grilled cheese, the pierogies, the calamari salad and the awesome beer & wine selection!

• Visited October 2012
new york
“Drink before you eat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Ordered togo food last weekend. Shrimp Gumbo should not be called "Gumbo" & the rice was wet, mushy& over cooked...very disappointing flavor. Pierogis, although not like my Mom's , were bland but filling. Mac n' cheese was so bad my Wife and I tossed it after 2 bites. I think they put truffle oil on it& there was a lot of it & very over whelming; bread crumbs on top were a thick layer & very stale...overall very dry & pee'd I spent $ on it. I wanted to go back and make the chef try it but wasn't "allowed" by the Mrs. I am not one to bad mouth a place but the food/quality really pee'd me off.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank thedonkey
Long Island, New York
“Discriminatory and Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went here for lunch with my mom. We were seated at a table (half booth/half chair). I was seated in the chair and it exacerbated my sciatica. My mom wouldn't be able to sit in the chair either, so we requested one of the two open booths. Our waiter was happy to accommodate us, but the host/manager/owner was not. The host asked the waiter "which ladies" needed to be moved. When he saw it was us, he said no. We asked for the check and paid $5 for iced tea before promptly leaving. There was no effort to accommodate us or even make us comfortable. There are better places to get an overpriced burger. Go somewhere that treats its customers well. Before you think we went in looking "scruffy" or "unkempt"- we were dressed smartly (jeans and sweaters, no sneakers).

2 Thank Fashionista2227
New York City, New York
“Local food? Forgive me, but I've never witnessed wild boar scavenging on Main Street.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The beer selection and perfect fries are undoubtedly the reasons this joint will survive. The service is typically accompanied by an unfounded, peculiar level of snobbery. The food is slightly elevated pub "grub". And yes, the drinks are consistently short pours. The creepy,troll-like bartender was too busy dishing out attitude to accurately dispense our $12 beers; So we finally measured them ourselves. Ahh, Gollum, your greed will surely lead to your own empty pockets. In other words, our gratuity was as generous as that chump's pour.
But go to Sapsuckers anyway. Because there just isn't another decent pub in Huntington.

2 Thank LoveAndSqualor