“Excelent !!!”

Fado
Ranked #7 of 236 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Only open a few months
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Excelent !!! The menu selections are huge as are the portions. Bread is served warm in a cloth bag and your bill is presented in a small wooden box.
You may have to wait for a table, but it's well worth it. The sopa de marisco (seafood soup) - it was pretty much like a seafood bisque with shrimp, scallops and veggies. It was delicious.

1  Thank AlexT950

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My partner and I were wandering around Huntington Village last Saturday evening and we happened upon FADO, a "new" Portuguese restaurant at 10 New Street. At 5:30, it was empty but the menu was full of dishes that ran the gamut of meat, fish, seafood and even a vegetarian entree. Because it was still early, we went to THE Bookstore for an hour or so and then returned to find the place teeming with diners. (The dining rooms are small: one upstairs and one down.) We gave our name to the hostess and were invited to sit at the bar. We were told that we would have a table within 10 minutes and we did.
Eventhough I live on an island, restaurants that serve good fish dishes are few. Well, add Fado to the short list. We had zucchini ribbons filled with salmon, the only mistake of the evening. Next time we will definitely have the squid for an appetizer. For an entree, I had the Sole a Cascais: flounder with an apricot and red currant glaze that was served over spinach with cubed potatoes. This was the BEST fish I've had in decades and the spinach and potatoes were seasoned wonderfully. Nathan had the pan roasted, fresh cod with broccoli and potatoes - a very good choice.
The wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. And although crowded, it was joyful. No one rushed us and when we asked for American coffee and flan for dessert, the waiter said she'd make a fresh pot for us.
We can't wait to go back and bring friends. Next time, I'll have a meat dish...I know Nathan will probably have what I had because after he literally ate every morsal of his generous portion, he finished my fish.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I always like to try something different, so Portuguese sounded nice. While the food is not always as exotic as I may have expected, it was undeniably fresh, and very good.

Having visited on a Monday evening, the small restaurant was almost empty. As such, the friendly staff was very attentive and helpful. The specials were interesting, but I had to try the grilled octopus. I was not disappointed, and am already craving it the next day.

The ambience was nice enough, if a little overlit for a romantic dinner, but I would not hesitate to go back for the food and friendly service.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

If I had written this review after our first visit to Fado, it would be glowing and 5-star. Our second visit was at 6 p.m. on a Saturday evening. They were out of one of the appetizers already, which I found quite surprising. Three out of five of us received entrees that were overcooked. They were very apologetic and took every step to remedy the situation, including reducing the bill. However, I couldn't help but feel less than impressed and am not anxious to return.

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

The staff treats you as if you're a regular the first time you're in the door. Portuguese, yes-but really, it's a great eclectic mix of good and fun food. It can get crowded. Try a weeknight if you can. Noise level is reasonable. The waitstaff actually listens, and the chef will customize. Go for it.