“Aromatic”

Spice Village Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice Village Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 235 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Reviewed on Yelp. New Pakistani restaurant in Huntington, NY.
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

What a little gem! Lunch was full of aromatic flavors and very satisfying. Mulligatwany soup was a special treat. Qeema Naan was a new find. Only reason I won't be back soon is that I love 2500 miles away.

4  Thank SylviaBentonCity

Reviewed February 14, 2012

This is not your standard Indian restaurant. I really enjoy this place. It is Indian food with a twist. I love their cranberry birijani. I will forgive them that they had none the last time. I definitely will come back. My wife and I love this place. I just wish they had Madras coffee to finish off my meal. The chicken Karachi is devine. It is bursting with flavor. The wait staff is helpful and they have sweet smiles.

4  Thank yum-hum
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We've been here several times and we love it each time. The owners and servers are so friendly and warm, as is the authentic atmosphere. The dishes are so unique, we have loved everything we've tried. And if you happen to be a vegetarian (like me), you'll find plenty of tasty choices. Definitely give this place a try on your next visit to Huntington. It's a real gem!

3  Thank jensearch
Reviewed October 27, 2011

A little small corner place in what used to be a camera shop, it is quite a nice one. Cool and interesting paintings hang in the one wall and the large windows allow lots of natural lighting as well as views of the town and people walking by in this busy intersection and neighborhood.

The service is pleasant but amateurish. Plates and glasses were passed and handed over people and other already placed down plates and sometimes the bus boy would just stand there, waiting for us to pass him the plates and glasses... instead of coming around the table and placing them down for the patron. I felt like I was doing the waiter's job! Anyway, overall, the service was good and friendly. No alcohol is served but you can bring your own wine. Glasses are provided without a corkage fee. BYOB!

Looking at the menu, is almost the same as Ariana Restaurant (review available - 5 stars). In fact, it even seems to be a carbon copy in a smaller scale. The menu is a combination of Pakistani and Afghan food. We started with the soups of the day ($4.99 each). They were lentil based soups with one being a little spicier and with coconut milk and chicken, which is the one I ordered. However, we were trying to figure out where the heck the chicken was. None found in the soup. But the flavor was good and intense. I truly enjoyed it.

The main courses arrived. I ordered the Tikka Lamb ($14.99) which is boneless cubes marinated in spices. All dishes served with basmatic rice and yogurt sauce. Also ordered was the Tikka chicken ($9.99) and Tilapia fish kabab ($12.99). All of the main courses were filling, tasty and enjoyable.

We ended with desserts: the Ras Malai (two sweet paneer balls in clotted cream) and the Zarda rice (basmati rice with pistachios, almonds and raisins). All desserts cost $4.99. Both were good and sweet. I ordered the mint tea as well which was delicious and served hot in a very small cup.

One disturbing thing: the bus boy would not change the tablecloths. He will just flip the tablecloths to the other side, dropping any food particles in the floor and setting the table for the next person. Not hygienic, nice or even acceptable in a restaurant in front of other patrons.

The Final Verdict:

Wine/Alcohol Selection: n/a

Wine/Alcohol Price Value: n/a

Bathrooms Cleanliness: 4.0 out of 5.0

Overall Price Value: 2.5 out of 5.0

Final Score: 29 out of 40 (73 out of 100% or C grade)

Final Comment: A nice little cheap place with good food and friendly, amateurish service. However, for better ambiance, food and service, go to Ariana's Restaurant (review available - 5 stars).

1  Thank Flyairhost
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Im a spicy food fanatic and was overjoyed to find a place that had 'Spice' in its name!!Luckily,I was not disappointed.The food was seasoned just right,the bread was freshly baked in a 'tandoor',I tried the curry combo and vegetables,will test their barbq next time.Thank God,there is no bright red coloring in their food,I have had enough of that in Indian restaurants.The decor is simple and the service was helpful.

4  Thank glamviva