“Best middle eastern cuisine in Huntington”
Review of Ariana Restaurant

Ariana Restaurant
Ranked #161 of 231 Restaurants in Huntington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Ariana has been a Huntington village standby for many years now because of the consistently good food. Though the menu never really changes, there is good variety and everything I have ever had there has been very good. I especially like the lamb chops!

There are newer reviews for Ariana Restaurant

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I went here for lunch and had the lunch special. It's kind of cool because you choose very small portions of up to 4 different dishes from the lunch menu.

The pumpkin ravioli was surprisingly good with its marinara sauce that had yogurt and mint in it. I also had the egglant rollatine (and I concur with the other reviewer who mentioned the odd Italianate menu because it did seem out of place) and the grilled vegetables. Both were tasty. The bread that was brought out with a dip was very fresh tasting. The dip was delicious. The dessert, vegan chocolate cake, tasted very dry and old. That was not good and was overpriced.

We were the only customers there for lunch at about 2pm. The woman who waited on us was welcoming when we walked in but between that time and when we ordered dessert, she descended into being snippy and curt. She kicked us out when she brought our check by saying that they needed to mop the floor. (That was clearly unnecessary anyway since the floor was not dirty and reflected a slow lunch service!)

The menu is a little strange given all the Italian food and Italian desserts. If they did that because customers want that, then who am I to judge? But it does come off as weird. The food was good except for the terrible dessert. Sadly, the food is not good enough for me to return and put up with the attitude. I keep saying that Huntington is rife with terrible, nasty service and this place illustrates that point. If they were nicer, it could be a decent deal for lunch.

3  Thank WildPancake
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Ariana's has been one of my favorite restaurants for many years. The food is always delicious and over time I have tried 'almost' everything on the menu. The Lamb is especially tender and the appetizers always flavorful. Try the Aushak. They offer three soups - each is a classic. The husband and wife team do their best to make every dining experience pleasurable. This is a hidden treasure and for something a bit different give Arianas a try, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Walking into Ariana Restaurant from the modern streets of Huntington's Main Street is akin to time travel. As you sit, time slows as your eyes feast on the authentic middle eastern decor, your ears dance to the music, and your nose sings after inhaling. When you eat your worries disappear into the Arabian night and you are transported into the Arabian day. The owner/host/server is prompt to cater to your every wish of fresh pita bread, hot soup, and an exquisite display of food. Recommended!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Had lunch during that dead time (about 2PM). Service was prompt and friendly. I believe it was the owner. They had a nice lunch special where you get "a sampler" of four items, chosen from a list of about twelve for $11.95. I'm not normally too keen on samplers, but it was a good choice. Food selections were interesting and varied. I would certainly go back.