“Delicious menu and warm, inviting owner”
Review of Ariana Restaurant - CLOSED

Ariana Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The menu is fairly extensive, and next time we visit, probably will make a full meal of simply ordering a few of the starter menu items which were far better than our main meal (which in itself was good).
What make this place so nice is the warm and comfortable decor, friendly service and we were met and chatted to by the owner who is delightful.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

This place has gotten a little tired. It has an americanized afgan style,with a few continental italianesque items. The last time I was there the service was somewhat diffecient and few diners.

1  Thank Don C
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Ariana was a great find by my husband, and I cannot thank him enough! We have been loyal customers since we first experienced Ariana 2.5 years ago. The food is incredibly flavorful and the service (always the owners - husband & wife) is very good. Their lamb is just succulent and their flavors just burst in your mouth. I love the Kabuli Palow, which is a flavorful basmati rice dish with lamb, and my husband swears by their seafood stew (nestled in winter squash). We also love to start with the Aushak, which are dumplings stuffed with with spices & leaks with a meat sauce over the top! Yum! They also have a similar variation with butternut squash, which is a must try! The house wine is also solid, though they do have a variety of wine options.

The food tastes fresh and healthy, and the depth of flavor is just amazing. I call this refined middle eastern food - Indian meats Lebanese and ends up tasting better than both!

1  Thank MoonlightRainSea
Reviewed January 21, 2012

The food at Ariana is always interesting and flavorful. Ambience is comfortable and creative. Service always good.

1  Thank elsiecow
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My family of five went to Ariana for dinner last night and enjoyed a delicious Afghani meal - no complaints from even our fussiest eater about the new flavors and spices that are not part of our regular diet. We all enjoyed the Afghani delight appetizer, featuring a good mix of tastes and textures to whet our appetite. Each liked his or her salad/soup for the next course, and the entrees and desserts were passed around the table so that everyone could sample. Personally, I was happiest with the lamb shank, and would order that if I were to return to Ariana.

Now, on to the bad part... The service. When we entered the half-full restaurant, we waited for approximately five minutes in the vestibule area before we were greeted. Our orders were taken somewhat promptly (within 15 minutes of being seated) but the order of dishes brought out was haphazard - some salads came before the appetizer, others afterwards - and we had to remind the waitstaff about missing or forgotten items. Considering the fact that we were spending north of $200 for our meal, and the fact that it was a slow (Sunday) night, I was continually surprised about the abnormally-long wait time without good service to accompany it. (If it was a long wait because some of the dishes were more complicated, but they all arrived at the same time and without error, it would be a very different story).

2  Thank intrepidvoyager01