$225
The Sedgwick House B & B(Hunter)(Great Value!)
$139
$160
Official Site
$114
$103
Cave Mountain Motel(Windham)(Great Value!)
$89
$135
Xenia Resort(Hunter)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast was includedrooms are largesized bedwould stay againall sortsski areapleasant staymain floorgamefestivalloftfireplaceoktoberfestskiingfurnishings
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We just stayed at the Hunter Inn this past weekend. It is one of the nicest Inns we have ever stayed at. The seating area in the lobby with the roaring fireplace made me feel like I was right in my own living room. The staff, especially Laura, are extremely helpful. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel at home. The breakfast was very good. We ate dinner at the restaurant one night and it was really tasty. The Inn is only a few minutes from the ski lifts. The rooms were very comfortable and we expecially liked the layout of the suite with the loft room for teenage son. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kimberly0515
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hunter Inn for our Third Time this past February. All-in-all it was not a bad trip. The location is fantastic and only a minutes drive to the Hunter Slopes. The staff was pretty friendly throughout the trip although we had minimal contact with them. The first two times we stayed in the 400 loft suites but this trip it was not available and we stayed in the 300 rooms which were not as nice.

The Good...

Location is very convenient

Breakfast is good

Rooms are comfortably sized

The Bad...

No elevator; you have to lug your bags and ski's up and down switchback stairs.

Hot water issues; There was a major and dangerous hot water issue in our room... If someone used water near by there wasn't enough supply to keep the cold water mixing in the shower diverter so you would get hit with scalding hot water almost instantly. Serious enough to cause significant harm to small children or elderly people without quick reactions.

Room Decor; Very Late 80's / Early 90's. Carpets, tile, bed spreads, curtains all need some work. Walls could use a little better patch work where repairs had been done over the years and a fresh coat of paint. Lighting in the rooms is generally poor.

Beds; Could use some higher quality linens and mattress. The mattress and pillows were very worn and need to be replaced.

Acoustics; Were TERRIBLE. Although the wall and floor construction is sound the door lacked any type of acoustical seal. We stayed when a trip of 30+ Brazilian foreign exchange teenage students were in the hotel. Screaming, laughing, talking, walking, running in the lounge could be clearly heard through the entire night.

Restaurant; I had Chicken Parm the first night there in the Hotel Dining Room... Didn't know that chicken came in the texture of a leather shoe. Over priced even if the food were good quality. Recommend Last Chance.

Wi-Fi; Come on... it's 2011 it shouldn't be that hard to have wi-fi access in every room.

Keys; Card Readers would be better... our keyed lock was worn and required some finesse to get the door to open.

In summary if you're going for a quick weekend to just do skiing this is a great place to stay. The breakfast is hearty and you might even end up skipping lunch at the slopes if you make good use of it. If you're looking for any of the more comfortable/romantic trip with plenty of amenities... don't expect to find them in abundance at this establishment.

My advice to the owners would be to fix the hot water issues before you have a rather expensive law-suit on your hands stemming from severe burns.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IceArchitect
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed for one night over the long weekend and I was so happy I stayed here. The winter package is a great deal - $110 per person which included one-night stay, lift ticket for Hunter, free buffet breakfast (includes hot food - a big plus!) and a $10 off coupon for dinner at the in-house restaurant.

Pros:
- It's about a 5 minute drive to Hunter Mountain. If the mountainside rooms are available take it as the view is so much nicer than the view that I had (the main road). Even though our room faced the main road it was not noisy.
- The food at the restaurant is really, really good. Don't underestimate it like I did initially. The service is exceptional. Our waitress for dinner was so gracious. Also during breakfast, the food is always being replenished.
- The staff overall is very friendly and this contributes to the cozy feel of the place.
- The rooms were warm when we arrived - another big plus especially if you've been out in the cold all day. The room was also clean and the bathroom looked like it was renovated.

The cons in my opinion are minimal but may be a big deal to someone else. The beds were a bit stiff for me but I slept well. I would have liked "fluffier" pillows but again, I still slept well. The decor in the room was a bit dated but I thought it fit well with the place.

I highly recommend Hunter Inn for its great value, great service and great location.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank LM1708
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My group (7 rooms) stayed at the Hunter Inn while participating in the Warrior Dash-Northeast at Windham Mountain in September 2010.

Having stayed at the Hunter Inn many times before, we knew what to expect...and we got what we expected: a great hotel rate, clean rooms, convenient location for our planned activities, fireplace in the lobby, outdoor hottub (open during the winter months), game room, bar, and a breakfast that can't be beat!

During the ski season, take advantage of the Ski Package which at a great price includes hotel room, the awesome breakfast, and lift ticket to Hunter Mountain!

Other stuff...
The staff can provide a telephone number for a local taxi service that is fast and inexpensive (less that $20 for 4 people to Tannersville)...no reason to get behind the wheel after a couple of adult beverages. Stop in at the Spinning Room Bar and say hello to my new good friend, Kat.

Stop in at Vincent's Farm Market on Route 32 for fresh vegetables, pies, and jarred food at a great price.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beachbummz
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights with a couple of mates. Had a large, clean room split over 2 levels and a balcony with a view of the mountain. Price was great considering ski lift pass and a perfectly adequate buffet breakfast were included. Tried a pizza dinner from the restaurant which wasn't anything special. Inn is a short 3 min drive to the ski resort car park and has a decent ski hire shop right next door. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends