The Sedgwick House B & B(Hunter)(Great Value!)
$129
$130
$100
Agoda.com
Villa Vosilla(Tannersville)(Great Value!)
$170
$140
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

Hotel Vienna(Windham)(Great Value!)
$125
Albergo Allegria(Windham)(Great Value!)
$114
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

The Thompson House(Windham)(Great Value!)
$195
$174
Copper Kettle Motel Cottages(Windham)(Great Value!)
$75
$114
$103
All reviewsbreakfast was includedrooms are largesized bedwould stay againmid weekall sortsski areapleasant staymain floorgamefestivalloftfireplaceoktoberfestskiingfurnishings
Reviewed February 27, 2007

Just finished a 3 day 2 night trip to Hunter Mountain. 2/26-2/28/07. Three weeks ago I was Skiing in Zermatt Switerland ( see my review on Hotel Couronne) so I'm not going to review the skiing here, just the hotel package. My wife, who is a non skier, and I really enjoyed the place. We took the midweek ski package in a standard mountain view room. The total cost was $280. Total, not Per Person!

For this we got, two nights stay in a large (15X28) room with two queen beds, tv etc. one drink each at the bar each night, a great breakfast buffet , a lift ticket each day for me, and a voucher for $25 buck per night at some local restaurants! Considering that a mid week lift ticket at Hunter Mountain was listed at $50 per day, I think this place was a real bargain. Both of the restaurants that we elected to go to were very good. Both took the vouchers with no questions asked and reduced our bills by $25. We only went to two places, but the food in both was good and reasonable. This is Not Like Switzerland where a personal (7 inch) pizza costs $25!

We really liked the Last Chance Cheese and Antique restaurant! Yup that's the name. They have 300 different brands of beer! I loved it! The Chili was so good I went back the next day for lunch and had it again. The waitresses we had each day were really fast, helpful and nice! My wife has filet of sole one night and liked it a lot. She had a Tuna Melt for luch that was supposed to have apples in it. When it came the apples were missing, the waitress took it back, they made another one in record time and were very sorry for the error and very nice about it!

The folks at Hunter INN were among the most pleasant hotel workers I've ever met. They were very up beat, smiles all the time and just plain nice. No forced smiles or if they were foreced they did a fantastic job of faking it!

The breakfast buffet had almost anything you could want for breakfast. They only serve breakfast, so for lunch you are on your own and for dinner the 12.50 per person coupons give you an incentive to try the places they mention. The closest place was 1 mile the furthest was 7 miles away. Most were in Tannersville which is 3 miles away.

From what I could gather, the standard rooms were on the lower level and the delux rooms were on the 2nd and 3rd floor. The mountain view was better from those rooms but I prefer the ground level rooms for hauling things in and out of the car. If you get a mountain view standard room, park out back and you are only a few feet away from your room! It made loading and unloading very easy.

The only criticisms I have are that there heating system is hot water based and you did hear drip, drip, drip at night, at least in room 110 you did! The heating coils are on the floor and in room 110 they run under the head of the bed so when you turn the heat up you really feel it in your pillow! We found the room way too hot so when we turned the heat down, the problem disappeared. If you have a choice look for a room where the heater does not run under the bed!

There is a bar, game room, exercise room, an outdoor hot tub (you must sign up for it), a reading room, nice fireplace and there is a laundry room ( get the key at the desk). The laundry room came in handy when I got some junk on my ski pants!

Since I'm retired, I travel a lot. I am fairly easy going but it is very seldom that i think I got a bargain. I think Hunter in Mid week package is an Honest to goodness bargain! Enjoy it.

PS the Mountain has a 1500 ft (they say) vertical so the skiing is only fair at best but they had pleanty of snow and very small crowds while I was there there was never a wait of more than 30 seconds in line! I bet it is a VERY different story on weekends.

Stayed: February 2007
5  Thank oldmandiver
Reviewed February 24, 2007

Stayed for 3 days during President's week. Clean spacious room. Small hotel very close to the mountain. Good for families. We woke up every morning to the sound of small kids running up and down the hallways. Obviously not the hotel's fault, but parents not watching their kids. The hotel still uses old fashioned keys which was a little bit of a pain as they give you only one.

Received 3 free drink coupons per adult upon check in. These were good between 5-7 PM only and did not include top shelf liquor. Also received 3 the next day. There is no food available except for the breakfast. Would have been nice to have at least snacks.

Complimentary breakfast had many choices. Quality was average. Nothing was freshly prepared. Eggs, bacon ,pancakes were all from the microwave. Small game room, but enough to keep older kids occupied with foosball, pool, ping pong and air hockey. No charge for foosball and ping pong.

I would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Jsoc
Reviewed November 5, 2006

My boyfriend and I had an excellent time here. Generous cocktail hour; hearty continental breakfast; nice outdoor hot tub; lobby with a huge fireplace and close to Hunter Mt. I don't remember the quality of the room specifically (after a day of skiing and unwinding with cocktails and hottub), but we're excited to return for another weekend this winter.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmm000
Reviewed August 26, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Hunter Inn as part of a wedding party. Filling the hotel to capacity our family and friends enjoyed clean rooms, beautiful views and a delicious breakfast buffet. Upon check out, I was charged an additional $30 per room per night in excess of the quoted rate. While paying in protest, I reminded the owner that this was the hospitaliy business and she yelled accross, in front of three other parties checking out that this was a business first. I smiled and said that was clear. It was an unfortunate end to a beautiful weekend with friends and new family. Needless to say, none of my family ever intend on staying with the Hunter Inn ever again. Thank You.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
16  Thank SadHunterInnVisitor
Reviewed March 27, 2006

We stayed at the Hunter Inn for a weekend of skiing, and thought that while it isn't luxurious, it is the perfect place for a ski weekend. The loft bedroom was perfect for our two kids, and it gave us a bit of privacy. The kids loved the whirlpool bath, though I am squeamish about those after recent news stories. THe tariff included 6 Happy Hour drink tickets for the adults, which was very jovial, and there was a game room and all sorts of games for kids. The rooms were very clean and the staff were friendly. The best thing though was the outstanding and perfectly prepared breakfast buffet. I hate buffets, but I can honestly say this modest Inn offered the best breakfast I have ever had at any hotel. It was a perfect way to set yourself up for a day of skiing. We will go back often, as we thought it was very nicely priced and great value.

6  Thank lindagaf