The Sedgwick House B & B(Hunter)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotel Vienna(Windham)(Great Value!)
$174
$114
$103
Cave Mountain Motel(Windham)(Great Value!)
$89
$135
Black Bear Lodge(Prattsville)
$119
Fairlawn Inn(Hunter)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast was includedrooms are largesized bedwould stay againmid weekall sortsski areapleasant staymain floorgamefestivalloftfireplaceoktoberfestskiingfurnishings
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I've stayed at this place before with my wife in one of their loft units where the heat on the 2nd floor was very hot and the first floor cold, no matter how high you turn up the thermostat was very cold. Even though I experienced this issue, I decided to try one more time since the location is so optimal.

This time, the room temperature remained between 60 and 63. It appeared as if the windows and doors might need some updating/caulking. To be fair, it was one of the coldest days of the year probably the coldest in years , around 0 degrees, but I think for $145 a night, I should have a warm room considering the other options in the area in this price range.

Getting up in the morning and going just down the road was great.

The beds were ok. you can tell on the old side.

Breakfast was very good. They opened at 7:50 not 7:30 as expected which led to a delay in our departure, which meant we lost our place in line at the lift and missed some freshies... the main reason we made the trip, but the snow that day was so awesome that there were hours of fun to be had anyways. If you're a skiier, you know what I mean...

The bartender Frank really made the trip. He's a world traveler, friendly and kept the conversation going. Unfortunately, I would never return to The Hunter Inn, but Frank really made me forget all the above and made the evening fun.

I would not stay here again nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone else. I would've given this 2 dot rating, but frank moved it to 3 dots. Keep up the great work Frank!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brian S
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Last August I paid a fortune to stay at the Hunter Inn. It looked really nice on the website and it was close to the mountain. I coughed up almost 600 bucks for 2 nights. Well, allow me to enlighten any future guests.
First of all, they have a bar, as advertised. However, the bar is CLOSED during the summer. Why anyone would close their bar during the Celtic festival is beyond
me, but if you want to close your bar DO NOT ADVERTISE that you have a bar. The game room stinks. When we were checking out of our suite and I was doing the cleanup/check for anything we missed, I found DIRTY BLACK SOCKS that did NOT belong to
us in the upstairs room my kids were sleeping in. DISGUSTING.
The breakfast is the only redeeming quality, but for the money we shelled out, we could have stayed somewhere with a pool. There were no relaxing hottubs to be seen.

• Stayed: September 2012
11  Thank Cloverscout
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I disagree with the previous reviewer. Yes, one morning they did run out of coffee but it was replenished quickly. Yes, the rooms are older but what do you expect. We stayed Friday and Saturday, August 9 and 10. We were there again for the German Alps festival. We again enjoyed the stay at the inn and the festival. We also did the ski lift ride to the top of the mountain. At the inn, we had a delux room (main floor) with the balcony looking at the mountains. Great view. All of the staff we met were very good and friendly. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room with the mountain view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JLESTO
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Two years in a row. Never enough coffee in the morning for guests, you have to wait around until someone sows up. The receptionist does not do well with complaints and is not sympathetic. The rooms are a horror, rugs are stain and smell musky, the air conditioner is so old that is does not blow cold air, the beds are worped in the center and feels like you are sleeping in ha, the bed spread gives you the. These owners should improve a little and make customers happy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bhgdhnvfhj
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our stays at the Hunter in have always coincided with Memorial Services at the Latvian Memorial Cemetery...the first time when my mother passed away; this time at my father's passing. Each stay has been with family from Boston, Colorado, California. The Inn is charming, the staff gracious and helpful...some whom we have known since our first visit! The Inn is beginning to show age, but as long as the owners continue to keep it up, we will continue to be happy guests! The selection of rooms is varied and meets everyone's needs. We love the fact that as a family we can cluster in the spacious rooms, the lovely lobby complete with fireplace, the bar, or in the mornings in the lovely dining room for their great breakfast buffet. We have many fond memories of our stays at the Inn...it has become a tradition!

Room Tip: We have stayed in the two story suite when accompanied by my father when he was still with us. Very lovely. Now we stay in the lobby level deluxe rooms where you have a choice of mountain view (and, yes, we have spent afternoons watching the bears down at the creek) or front view. The first floor is slightly below grade on the front but still charming and economical.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family