“Good deal for a ski weekend”
Review of Hunter Inn

and 1 more site!
Hunter Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hunter
New York City, New York
“Good deal for a ski weekend”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

They have a pretty good stay and play package where you can stay there and ski for a low price. Included is a free full breakfast (on weekends) that was very good. I was really surprised with how much there was at the breakfast (fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, muffins, baked goods, pancakes, oatmeal) and everything was very tasty. As stated in other reviews, the rooms are outdated but for the deal you really cannot beat it. On a saturday night I ended up paying $120 bucks to sleep over, eat breakfast and lift ticket (double occupancy on the room). You really can't beat that considering the lift ticket alone is almost $70 bucks pp. I found the hotel staff to be very nice and accomodating and the hotel was clean. The rooms could be updated but it is very clean and I felt comfortable staying there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank danap21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed February 3, 2012

This really was the perfect spot for a nearby, relaxng holiday stay. Within a few hours we were out of the city and in the Catskills with fresh air and a cozy country inn. The hotel has a restaurant, bar, gameroom, an outdoor hot tub and nice oversized rooms. The complimentary breakfast buffet was a great way to start a busy day on the slopes and the jacuzzi outside under the stars was amazing. In the evening some of us were in the gameroom, some relaxing by the fire in the lounge, others were at the bar listening to the live music. We all said we would come back as a couple or with some friends or with our kids. Oh, and a convenient location with access to the mountain lifts and snotubing. A lotta fun!

Room Tip: Check out the duplex loft suites - very roomy!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Brewster, New York
Reviewed January 28, 2012

In 2009 my husband and I got married. I had just finished college and we saved up enough money to have a backyard wedding in Hunter, we even cooked all the food ourselves because we couldn't afford catering. We asked our family and friends to stay at the Hunter Inn for the weekend (bringing the Inn thousands of dollars in business). They insisted we pay a deposit on the rooms because it was a festival weekend and they were busy. So I did, because everyone else was booked up. Our written contract with them said they would refund the deposit after all of our guests payed for their rooms. Now, more than two years later, a ton of ignored phone calls and letters, they still haven't refunded us. I even took them to small claims court and won...but they keep their bank account and property in a different name than their business so I couldn't get our money back. I feel sick every time I think of going back to Hunter. I waited a long time to post this, thinking maybe they'd change their mind and send me the money. I'm a recent graduate, unemployed and really wishing I had this $2000 in the bank. Maybe if I post here they'll realize how much this has affected my husband and I.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
16 Thank CiaraLJ

Travelers are raving about these Hunter hotels

Asia
Reviewed December 31, 2011

The big plus to this place is it's great proximity to hunter's mountain. The Inn's lobby is cozy with a fireplace giving it a ski lodge-y feel. The restaurant isn't that bad. The bathrooms and bedrooms are comfortably large but outdated with red carpeting and worn-out looking beds. We found a used plate in one of the rooms but generally the place is good for an overnight stay. I would probably try the Kaatskill Mountain Club lodges next time.

• Stayed January 2011
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed here last minute following a festival we had attended and we were shocked to see how large the room was. It was a really nice/large room and a great location. I would say that if you are looking for a reasonably priced place super close to Hunter Mountain- this place is perfect. If you are looking for a luxury vacation- this might be be what you are looking for.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Very lovely inn, nice mountain views. We stayed in a mountainside deluxe room and it was very quiet. The ambiance is nice, and the lobby is beautiful. Hot tub was great as well. Staff is friendly and the breakfast was good. My only compliants, like others have said, is one that it needs a remodel. Not the bathrooms, they are updated, but the carpet and beds. The bed was not very comfortable. The distance to Hunter Mountain cannot be beat. We stayed during the "spring" season so the rates were good too.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Average place. Expected somewhat more for the price. Definitively, needs a new coat of paint and some other minor renovations. Nice breakfast buffet though.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank RenatoBruni
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunter
Hotel Vienna
#1 of 6 in Hunter
The Sun View
The Sun View
#2 of 2 in Tannersville

Been to Hunter Inn? Share your experiences!