The Sedgwick House B & B(Hunter)(Great Value!)
$129
$130
$100
Fairlawn Inn(Hunter)
TripAdvisor
Xenia Resort(Hunter)
No availability for your dates from these sites
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast was includedrooms are largesized bedwould stay againmid weekall sortsski areapleasant staymain floorgamefestivalloftfireplaceoktoberfestskiingfurnishings
Reviewed December 31, 2011

The big plus to this place is it's great proximity to hunter's mountain. The Inn's lobby is cozy with a fireplace giving it a ski lodge-y feel. The restaurant isn't that bad. The bathrooms and bedrooms are comfortably large but outdated with red carpeting and worn-out looking beds. We found a used plate in one of the rooms but generally the place is good for an overnight stay. I would probably try the Kaatskill Mountain Club lodges next time.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed here last minute following a festival we had attended and we were shocked to see how large the room was. It was a really nice/large room and a great location. I would say that if you are looking for a reasonably priced place super close to Hunter Mountain- this place is perfect. If you are looking for a luxury vacation- this might be be what you are looking for.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Very lovely inn, nice mountain views. We stayed in a mountainside deluxe room and it was very quiet. The ambiance is nice, and the lobby is beautiful. Hot tub was great as well. Staff is friendly and the breakfast was good. My only compliants, like others have said, is one that it needs a remodel. Not the bathrooms, they are updated, but the carpet and beds. The bed was not very comfortable. The distance to Hunter Mountain cannot be beat. We stayed during the "spring" season so the rates were good too.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Average place. Expected somewhat more for the price. Definitively, needs a new coat of paint and some other minor renovations. Nice breakfast buffet though.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RenatoBruni
Reviewed March 10, 2011

I tried to book a room during the TAP festival that was going on nearby. First, they put me on a waiting list. What kind of hotel has a waiting list!?! Come to find out, It’s just a way for them to control how they want to screw over their customers. When I was first put on the waiting list I was told I would receive a call within the week to confirm my reservation. Over 2 weeks later, I called again and was told that I would receive a phone call within the day and there was no problem with me getting a room for that weekend. 4 days later I called again to find out that they had booked all of their rooms and could do nothing for me. Each time that I called I asked if there was a minimum night stay since I was only staying 1 night and each time was told that there was not. I also asked if there was any way I would not get a room to which they told me I would definitely not have a problem booking a room because I was so far up on their waiting list. I was lied to on many occasions by their staff and during my last phone call, conveniently there was no manager available to speak to.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple