“Expensive, but nice hotel on the mountain”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hunter
Kaatskill Mountain Club
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hunter
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Expensive, but nice hotel on the mountain”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I had a good experience staying at the Kaatskill Mountain Club with friends when we came up for the womens snowboarding camp (which I HIGHLY recommend for all levels of female snowboarders!). I had limited interaction with staff, but everyone seemed pleasant.

We stayed in a deluxe studio (1 queen sized bed and 1 full sized pull out sofa mattress with a kitchen) and it was decently spacious. The kitchen had everything we needed and there was a DVD player for watching movies.

The rooms do have thin walls, so you can hear kids running upstairs, but if you live in an apartment in the city, you're probably used to it. Plus we were so tired from snowboarding all day we pretty much fell asleep immediately :)

The hot tubs were awesome, although they don't have much of a view considering they face the mountain. You pretty much look at a brick wall. There was also a fire pit which was great for roasting marshmallows (we brought a bag from home). It was also nice to have a bar at the hotel.

I would definitely stay here again, although it's definitely expensive for what it is. However, you do get the convenience of being able to walk to the slopes.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Verona, New Jersey
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just got back from spending the weekend. We had a great time and the resort was great. The staff was very friendly and made sure the stay was great. We had a two bedroom and the rooms were very big and the living room/kitchen area was large and seated us all comfortably at the table. The pool is swim out so the kids loved swimming while it snowed. We had dinner and a breakfast at the restaurant. Dinner was very good and the price very reasonable...kids loved the pizza. I would skip the breakfast...better off eating at ski lodge or local diner.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My 1st time visiting the resort & my fiancé & I fell in love. I'll be back hopefully 1 more time this year!! With my bathing suit this time :-)

Room Tip: if you smoke, get a balcony. My fiancé smokes & had to go up & down elevator! And bring your...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Pinnacle Condos at Hunter Mtn this past weekend with two other couples. I have never been to Hunter before and it was a very pleasant experience. The facilities were excellent. In the day time it gets very crowded so if you plan on moving your car you more likely than not will lose your spot. The accommodations are very clean and the staff is very helpful. While the guys were skiing on the double blacks, us ladies tried to book an appt at the spa but they were booked. If you plan on getting a treatment it is definitely in your best interest to book in advance. Instead, we used the sauna, steam room and outdoor hot tubs which were very pleasant. Later on at night the whole group ventured over to the hottub and it was snowing outside -- very cool. (Just keep in mind that the spa/pool/hottub is in the main building, the Kaatskill Mtn Club. So if you are staying in the other condos, you can either drive over, walk, or take a shuttle. We did not eat at the restaurant onsite as many of the condos have a full kitchen.

They gave us a late check out with no issue. Very nice place. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because shuttle service stops at around 6 pm and the spa was booked. Our condo could have been a bit more modern but then again I believe they are individually owned so taste is at the discretion of said owner. Any questions, just ask!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Breezy Point, New York
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Rooms are clean and well equipped, there is a bar and restaurant downstairs ( which is big because if you drink and drive up here you're nuts ) and it's ski in ski out. What else could you ask for. If you want to go on the cheap, Forester Lodge across the road is out dated, but the rooms are clean and basic. Avoid Scribner Hallow at all costs.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank andrew g
Albany, NY
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Hotel was nice even though our room smelled a little and the bed was only a full sized bed and not very comfortable. Walls and ceiling were very thin and we heard the kids upstairs running around all night. Everything else about the hotel was very nice. GREAt service, nice pool and hot tubs, good restaurant. Staff was great. Sounds like the people that sprung for the better rooms had a better experience. Overall, we had fun, but not sure if I would stay in the hotel again.

Room Tip: Spring for a better room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I don't know when NycTravelgirl30 was here but we never saw any cookies at the front desk, coco parties, or s'mores by the fire pit! We just spent a weekend skiing at Hunter and stayed at the KSMC in a Superior Suite on the 3rd floor. The room was spacious with a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and 2 TVs. I probably wouldn't stay here again though if I couldn't be guaranteed a room on the top floor. We could hear everything going on in the room above ours due to the very squeaky beds, 'nuf said. The pillows are hard, flat foam pillows, I knew I should have brought my own. One bathroom had toiletries in it, the other did not. The towels were very nice.

But the staff is great. You can book all of your lift tickets at the front desk, free ski valet, free shuttle to the mountain. Nice outdoor pool and hot tub. The restaurant was very good with a well written menu and good service.

Room Tip: Top floor, slope side.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PWSKIBUMS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunter
Hotel Vienna
#1 of 6 in Hunter
Xenia Resort
Xenia Resort
#5 of 6 in Hunter

Been to Kaatskill Mountain Club? Share your experiences!