“Thrill of a Lifetime!!”

New York Zipline Canopy Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Hunter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Three attractions to choose from Mild to Wild including one of the Longest, Highest and Fastest Zipline Tours in North America, the Skyrider Tour. The Skyrider begins with 3,200ft dual ziplines at over 600ft above the canopy! This extreme activity is Not for Everyone! Our Mid-Mountain tour is slightly more mild, zipping from tree to tree within the canopy. This activity is fun for the whole family and a great place to take your first zipline adventure. Our zipline tours last approximately 3 hours and are lead by professionaly trained (and very entertaining) tour guides. Weight and hight restrictions apply, reservations are required.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was a good year for me - I turned 60 and have dropped 40 lbs! Trying to figure a way to celebrate my newly found lust for life, I discover that I could FLY!!! It's all because my daughter gave me all the information on zip-lining. At first I thought "NO WAY IN H-E-double hockey sticks" was I going to throw myself off of a 3200' mountain, 600 feet up from the ground. Then I thought 'BUCKET LIST'. I have a very long bucket list, so why not check off what I considered the craziest thing I could do FIRST?
The amazing team of guides at Hunter Mountain's Sky Rider Tour quickly set what fears I had, at bay and I was ready to go!! I can only describe the feeling as euphoric - the safety factor doesn't even come into play as you just know you are in the best hands possible. Gliding between the points of platforms is the most amazing experience I've ever encountered!! So much so, that I found myself practically running to be first in line for the next one!!
My husband and daughter were sure I'd chicken out when I looked out at the first of the zip lines we were to scale, but I was bound and determined!
I now have three separate days of zip line experiences under my belt. Hunter Mountain is as beautiful as Mother Nature has to offer. Treat yourself to this spectacular adventure and, like me, go throw yourself off that mountain!!! It's a day you will remember forever!!

2  Thank Momship214
"great sense of humor"
"great group"
"an absolute blast"

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I did the Skyrider Tour on the 22nd of September. We had a fun group of people with us and our guides Joe, Doug and Alexis were great. They stressed safety and were encouraging and fun! the ziplines were awesome. I felt like I was flying on the first one that was 600 feet in the air. It was foggy on the first line so it was even more exciting jumping into the unknown. The rest of lines varied in speeds and heights and were all so much fun. If you are looking for a rush I highly recommend doing this! It was awesome!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I went here as part of the Kaatskill Hotel package, and it was great! The guides were very helpful and funny. Additionally, they make you feel very comfortable and safe through the whole experience. I went on the higher Skyrider ziplne which is a bit more expensive, but definitely worth the money. The higher ziplines go much faster than the lower ones. There are a total of 5 zips taking about 3 hours to complete. My group had 3 guides for 10 people taking the tour which allowed the tour to be well-paced. If you are coming from a distance, the package deal is worth looking into. It included a night's stay in a suite and dinner in the hotel's restaurant. This would make a great friends trip or an exciting romantic getaway. The Skyrider does not allow young children, but if your kids are a bit older, this would be a great family trip as well.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

SO much fun! We went in July and we're going back for my birthday! The guides are great, I felt very safe - quite the compliment for an attraction in which you throw yourself off a mountain, and the views were stunning. I've backpacked on Hunter before, but this was an entirely new way to experience the mountain. I HIGHLY recommend it. Well worth the $119.