“ok but you can do better”

VanWinkle's at the Kaatskill Mountain Club
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Hunter
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
new york
“ok but you can do better”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Generic. Stick with breakfast. Eggs and sausage were good. Pretend you are in the mid-west. What more can I say. Less is more. I hope this soon adds up to 50 characters.

Visited November 2012

West Milford, New Jersey
“Must order the WINGS!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have a house nearby which we visit nearly every weekend so we've eaten at VanWinkle's several times (both at the bar and in the dinning room) with consistently great service and food. The salads with fruit and nuts are always a staple for me but the chicken wings are truly the best; so tasty and flavorful we have friends that must always come here. Eating at the bar is a pleasure (thanks Joe!) as the service is sometimes faster (when the dining room is crowded) and you can always have your favorite sports on the TV.

• Visited October 2012
Edison, New Jersey
“Good Service, OK food for vegetarians. Not many options”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I went here as part of a package deal while staying at the Kaatskill Mountain Club. The service at the restaurant was prompt and courteous. We were quickly seated and brought our menus. The decor of the restaurant was interesting. There are large pictures telling the story of Rip Van Winkle on the wall. The bar area is near the main entrance of the restaurant followed by table seating in the middle and the kitchen at the far end. The set up reminded me of some nicer diners that I have visited in NJ. The food options are plentiful, but being vegetarian, I was rather limited. I ordered one of the specials (squash ravioli) which turned out to be a bit too sweet for my liking. Others ordered pasta as well, and despite having asked for it to be a spicy, it was still rather bland. This place overall is a very convenient restaurant and it may offer many options, but if you are vegetarian, I would suggest trying elsewhere.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank harshp02
Long Island
“Menu with lots of choices”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The menu offers a wide variety of choices and the presentation is perfect. Everything ordered was delicious and we want to come back and taste everything!

• Visited August 2012
“A small step above standard service fare”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our waiter was enthusiastic, friendly and untrained. I wish somebody would invest in this well intentioned staff.

Visited June 2012