“What a Nice Day Out”

and up
Full-Day Ski Trip to Catskills Hunter Mountain from New York City
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Hunter
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular ski resort providing excellent runs and trails for downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowtubing and snowshoeing.
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Yesterday, (8/09/2014)my family & I drove to Hunter Mountain,NY to attend The "German Alps" festival . Actually even before we got there the drive was very scenic and many persons stopped to take pictures. Once we got on the grounds it was a total "German" things with lots of food, music and vendors. Lots of places to sit down to eat and rest. Can save $3.00 by buying ticket on line. You $9.00 instead of $12.00. Active military are $6.00. Should go online to check-out their events in October which I hear is real good. During that time I am told that they will have a larger choices of beer. There was no parking fee. Their was a "fire work" show in the evening.

All reviews
"snow making"
in 5 reviews
"base lodge"

Reviewed August 6, 2014

A must do for all, a total professional operation. Although I did the Sky rider tour (the highest and fastest zip line) there are other tours for children. Don't deny yourself this chance, it was awesome.

1  Thank 13bernb
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We took a ride up the mountain and walked down the flowery hiking trails. The view is outstanding. It was such a nice day that we saw 3 different mountain ranges from the summit!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I used to go to Hunter Mountain in the summers when I was a kid, and loved riding the ski lift. They call it a Sky Ride now, and since we were a group of five people, we went on the six-seater lift. Well, the ski lift did not disappoint! It was exhilarating, especially the higher up we went. Two of the five in our group were afraid of heights, but they handled it very well, and got off on the beautiful views. Going up you see the trees, scrub, and rock face close up. You don't get to see the breadth of the panorama until you start going down, and it's simply breathtaking! I could see rte. 23A, the road it's on (that goes through Tannersville and Haines Falls, all the way down the mountain). We could see all the little (well, little from up there!) resorts. But most of all, we could appreciate the mountains beyond, the lush green vista of the Catskills. It brings me back to when I was six or seven, and first fell in love with those mountains and mountain towns.

1  Thank Aghavni