“Pleasantly surpised”
Review of Hunter Mountain

Hunter Mountain
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Hunter
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular ski resort providing excellent runs and trails for downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowtubing and snowshoeing.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

After moving to the East Coast I did not ski enough to keep my skills honed. I went to Hunter Mountain to ski yesterday and was pleasantly surprised with the facility. It's not Utah, but for the east coast nice to find more challenging hills. The ski lessons were affordable & very helpful to tune up my skills. I could not have been more impressed with my instructor, Carlos. He was knowledgable, helpful & encouraging. I really appreciated it!!!!

There are newer reviews for Hunter Mountain

Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you like to ski, this is a great day trip option from NYC. You can buy your lift ticket and rentals online in advance and get a percentage off (love that). The mountain is a good size, with a decent variety of trails. The staff was helpful and the snow was good. I'll be going back soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hunter is the only place you can have Vermont type challenging skiing on a day trip. Weekends are crowded, however the Vermont resorts are also crowded on the weekend.They also provide promotions to skiers. I have skied Hunter for over 30 years.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

first time skiing and even saw experts. Everything you need you can get at the mountain shops. The trainers are great and the experience was amazing!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My 10 year old took a snowboarding lesson, while my 5 year old and I went snow tubing. It was a lot of fun and there was something for each of them to do.