“Friendly sidewalk cafe.”

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Friendly sidewalk cafe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We joined friends from the area after a morning of quiet antiquing for lunch. Le Gamin on Warren Street in Hudson is a fine place to sit and watch the world go by. Very enjoyable salads from the French kitchen.

• Visited September 2012

Norfolk, Virginia, United States
“Can't get enough~!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

When I first approached Le Gamin I was very optimistic due to the welcoming open french doors and overall vintage aesthetic.......people sitting outside with their dog, sipping on champagne and espresso.....inside were tables for 2, 4 even up to 6 people with beautifully upholstered booths as well as bar seating. The decor is eclectic and appealing. A lot to take in for a first timer!!! I didn't even look at the menu for ten minutes because my eyes wandered from the chandelier to the artwork to the vintage gas tanks to the menu chalkboard additions.......needless to say I was captivated. I was welcomed by two different female servers upon arrival whom offered to seat me but I chose a seat at the bar. I then decided on a glass of bubbly and just took it all in. As a native from the area I was so excited to discover a place with such character. I then watched as people came in and out....finishing their meals and raving about the quiche of the day or the hollandaise on their benny's. Many seemed like regulars as the servers called them by first names..... but plenty were first timers. People of every ethnicity, age and nationality filled the premises. I even had the pleasure of recognizing a few famous actors which I am told is par for the course there. As i was in no hurry I sipped away of my bubbly and felt at home. I ordered another glass of bubbly and chatted away with the owner Astrid whose eyes and smile alone are worth going back for. She and her husband Patrick own the charming place and moved up here from NY where they also had a Le Gamin. The place has been in business for 5 years I learned and takes pride in supporting LOCAL ingredients. Everything is freshy fresh and their chef's know what they're doing!!! The teamwork is fluid and seamless and makes the place run like a well oiled machine!!! I decided on an omelet with fresh goat cheese, mushrooms and bacon!!!! accompanying the omelet was a small dish a fresh cut fruit and a small mesclun mix salad with a housemade vinaigrette that would make you slap a baby........(relax it's my sarcasm!) overall 5 plus stars.....it's open 9-5pm...offers soups, salads, sandwiches, crepes, desserts, breakfast all day and much more. It is a CASH$ only establishment so if you forget your green, no fret, Bank Of America is a stones throw away with an ATM. Nearby are local antique shops, vintage clothing and accessory stores, art galleries, book stores, a bit of everything. It quickly became my second home while I was visiting NY from VA. I was there 5 days straight.....either for a meal or a few drinks or for some coffee. OH YEAH..THEY SERVE THEIR JUICE FRESH SQUEEZED~ yes please!!!! although I cant say enough about the food and ambiance...the service made it contagious to return to as they get to know you and build a rapport to be remembered!!! kerri and tasha thanks again...and ASTRID you will not be forgotten!!!! thanks again ` BRAVO

• Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXTRAORDINARY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I can't get enough of this place. I often have every meal there on my stay. Owner Asteride will charm your socks off without even trying. The food? They should have seatbelts so you don't swoon off your chair. Effortless chic. A dream. --Bronson Pinchot

Visited September 2012
1 Thank BronsonPinchot
Freehold, New York
“A quirky Bistro Francais”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I am very fond of Le Gamin for reasons beyond the fare that they serve. though I always enjoy the salade nicoisse, the tartine or croissant with my cafe au lait, or the wonderful daily specials and salads. I enjoy Le Gamin because it has a certain atmosphere that I find close to some bistros that I like in Paris, quirky, different, not everyone's "cup of cafe". Confession-I'm am French and enjoy the opportunity to speak it when the opportunity arises, though not a prerequisite in the least.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Michel G
New York City, New York
“Great place for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is our favorite lunch spot in Hudson. The food is always excellent. You have to be patient because the wait can be a little long sometimes. I've seen reviews by people that say the owner is rude, but she's just not going to put up with any nonsense. If you are friendly and relaxed you'll have a great experience.

Visited July 2012