“Food's not bad, but the service..”
Review of Swoon Kitchenbar

Swoon Kitchenbar
Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Albany, New York
“Food's not bad, but the service..”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This place is pretentious with little reason to be, especially noe that there is a lot more competition in Hudson.

Visited December 2012

Cairo, New York
“I hate to say you will "swoon" over Swoon Kitchenbar”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

But you will swoon!
Swoon Kitchenbar is our #1 stop whenever we get to Hudson from across the river in Cairo, NY.
We love their wine list, which is curated by Michael at Hudson Wine Merchants (our second stop). The food is all locally sourced organic food from the Hudson Valley. Soups are constantly changing and tasty, and season-to-season the menu varies by what is available at that very moment!
Sunday brunches, arrive early, as it is very crowded. The staff is knowledgeable about ingredients in every dish, which I find refreshing, and you do not get that NYC attitude!
Bacon wrapped dates are a fav, roasted beet salad is right up there, smoked duck breast and monkfish liver touchon are all appetizer's, so it gets better from there!
Any of the sauteed swiss chard, brocolli rabe, and kale are nice and fresh and not chewy like Grandma used to make.
For dinner try the brown sugar braised pork chop, pan-seared salmon, or the slow roasted lamb shoulder.
When shopping in Hudson, we always stop for a wine to say "hi" and relax. Hudson as a town has blossumed in the 8 years we have been in the 'hood, and we always look forward to Swooning at Swoon. (poor grammar, I know...)
-David Allen

Visited February 2013
1 Thank drdavenyc
New York
“Great food, really nice service, pretty place.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Had dinner here on a Sunday night in April and everything was just lovely. Lots of great choices on the menu - was hard to decide what to order. Our server was very nice and when we asked her about various wines, she volunteered to bring us tastes of three different options. Beet salad was delicious as was the fluke I ordered. All in all, an artful and relaxing dinner we enjoyed in every way. Hostess and bartender also very welcoming.

• Visited April 2013
Niagara Falls, New York
“A tastefull and elegantly appointed spot superb menu and equally superb wait staff”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

A superb dining experience..a bit pricey but the menu affords new and exciting combinations all served by an attentive wait staff..the walls are adorned with museum quality artwork both paintings and photography. I cannot think of any changes that could be made in the decor to improve upon what exists. The only ' unpleasantry' was when a woman in the group sitting next to us began breast feeding her baby. Now I have seen this before and I am not unaware of the rules of behavior but I suspect the dear woman could have placed a napkin or cloth over the body part.
While this was going on the wait staff said or did nothing. After all, what could they have done ?
Otherwise just fine and again a bit pricey

• Visited April 2013
Westchester County, New York
“Not great, not horrible”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My least favorite of the Hudson restaurants we visited on a recent trip. We walked in without a reservations (sorry) and I got the impression we were an inconvenience to them when they showed us to a table close to the busy coffee station. Our dinners were ok and we didn't stay for dessert. I didn't hate it. I can see why lots of people like it. But for me, I wouldn't make a return visit because there were other places in Hudson that I liked so much better in terms of the food and definitely in terms of the service.

• Visited March 2013