“Excellent meal!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We ate here during a weekend away in Hudson. Great wine list and nice wait staff. Menu changes but we started with the squid app (excellent) and clam risotto (delish and unique). Then I had the duck breast (perfect) and my husband had the flounder (also wonderful). Sahred a Baked Alaska for dessert (very very good). Great character to the place with a nice vibe. High recommend.

There are newer reviews for Swoon Kitchenbar

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had heard different reviews of Swoon Kitchenbar, both good and bad, and decided to give it a go on my last visit to Hudson. My husband and I went on the early side on a Saturday night. We were seated in the front of the restaurant which was quiet and comfortable. I'm a vegetarian, my husband isn't. We both thought the menu (which I think changes often) had a good range of choices. My husband got mussels as an app. which he said were very good. He ordered a steak for dinner. It came with a tasty side of mashed potatoes. He liked it but thought the entree was small for the price. I ordered the chickpea stew. There was approx. 1/2 cup of chickpeas, 3 pieces of kale, 2 pieces of carrot and a few parsnips in the stew. Stews should be warm and savory and yummy. This dish was bland, watery and underwhelming. The cost of the dish? $21.95.

The atmosphere was fine--nothing out of the ordinary. I thought our waiter was snobby, and given the food he really had no reason to be. My husband thought he was just rushing us so he could cash out for the evening.

I give Swoon an "average" rating because it isn't terrible. While not remarkable, my husband liked his food. I will say the apple crisp we ordered for dessert was delicious. There isn't beer on draft but they do have a decent selection in bottles. Would I eat here again? Nope. Hudson is a small town but has some great restaurants which I suggest you try first.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Swoon is simply the best restaurant in this area for truly elegant food. We've been coming for 6 years, and I don't think it has ever disappointed. And no, we are not in any way "known" here, we don't come often enough for that. The unbelievably delicious surprises in most recent visit last Friday were a smoked fishcake appetizer, and a dessert featuring chocolate filled raviolos. The restaurant was jammed, but service was still well within the realm of acceptable. We are glad that Swoon continues to do well, it is well worth visiting.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We recently dined at Swoon for dinner at the bar. We found the food, service and atmosphere to be nice, but not great. My fish was slightly overcooked, my boyfriend thought highly of the duck. Another patron at the bar spoke aggressively with her hands and threw her glass of white wine all over me. It was a complete accident, and although I know the restaurant was not at fault, I would have liked the bartender to have at least offered me some club soda or something to help clean up. But, in the end no one could really be bothered until I asked for help myself. Unfortunately we just didn't find the place nor the staff to be memorable.

1  Thank Kelly C
Reviewed October 30, 2012

What a terrific surprise to savor one of the best meals of my life. Bluefish isn't popular with many people but it's one of my favorites. This offering was outstanding, cooked perfectly with crisp, local veggies and perfectly sized. A very good California chardonnay and chocolate for dessert engendered one of our happiest dinner memories ever.