“Dinner”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Went to dinner with the family to celebrate my husband's birthday. Not that busy, which was nice. Have been on the weekends and they are very busy. Reservations should be made if you are thinking about visiting on a weekend. We all had different meals and enjoyed them. No complaints from the family. We sat upstairs, liked better then downstairs. Service was good. Will visit again.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've eaten here at least 30 times. It's a nice casual atmosphere, and I often bring a visiting friend. I avoid crowded times, when it can get a bit noisy. Every time I order the same thing--triple enchiladas mole. It really is fabulous, and reliable--you can choose from many fillings and three mole sauces, but I always get a chicken, a beef, and a vegetable one, each with a different sauce. They know which sauce goes best with each. A pitcher of margaritas helps.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

One of my favorite places to go in town. The food is always warm and comforting. They don't skimp or rip you off on their drinks and staff is always friendly. Love the music, love the decor. Best desserts and LOVE that they have veggie options!!! Try everything!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Seems that Mexican Radio has more divided opinions than most places. I would have given it 4 1/2 as a rating were that possible, but I really did like it on my recent visit. While, yes, chips should be free at these high-for-upstate prices, the special appetizer of chips with two quesos (one a mole, the other with chorizo) was absolutely to die for. I had the carnitas, which were absolutely delicious. I saw reviews that said the beans and rice were bland, but definitely not the ones I got, which were notably spiced. Wife said the margarita was among the best she ever had, and her burrito with shrimp and scallops was superb as well. Service was very attentive, and the atmosphere (well-described by others) was definitely a plus. This was one notable step above the norm for even the better Mexican restaurants in the Northeast, at least on my visit. Perhaps there is inconsistency reflected by the seriously varying reviews, but on my visit, a definite A, and I look forward to the 2013 opening of a third location in Schenectady.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We enjoyed Mexican Radio. I had visited there 3 years ago, and was anxious to try there food again. They have some unusual sauces and items on there menu's but they know how to put up some tasty food.
I do not mind paying a small charge, $2.50 for chips and salsa, and the place is loud, but good food makes for good conversation.
So my husband and I did enjoy the food and we will be back when we delivery our goods back to Hudson NY. Unless I can get an antique shopping trip in before then.