“Decent but...”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Albany, NY
“Decent but...”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The ambiance of Mexican Radio is great. I love the colors and the decor of this restaurant. It's got a real festive feel and sitting up on the balcony is a lot of fun. However, I feel like this place has slid downhill a bit in the past few years. Don't get me wrong, their food tastes good and their margaritas are excellent, but I feel like portioning has declined as has presentation. We used to travel to Hudson from Albany just for this restaurant, but for some reason I've been less impressed as of late. Service is good, and, as I said, the food is tasty. Give it a whirl. I just hope they ramp things up when they open their next one up in Schenectady!!

Cortlandt Manor
“Among the Best Choice for Inventive Tex-Mex in the Area”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Chose Mexican Radio for lunch after a day touring the Berkshires with friends.

Lunch prices are slightly less than dinner prices until 3:30.

We chose 1 Quesadilla Wedge with Steak as appetizer, and 4 entrées of Seafood Chimichanga, Triple Enchilada (Carnitas/pork was the favorite), shredded chicken burritos, and vegetarian spring rolls (just okay). All tortilla dishes served with rice and beans. With 2 margaritas, 1 beer and 1 soda: $127 for 4 including tax and tip (pics uploaded)

No chips and salsa offered at lunch. Perhaps that's how lunch is priced less than dinner prices?

Top shelf margarita ($12) was well made. House margarita was $9.

Nice addition: Chatham India Pale Ale also offered on tap, but did not sample.

Everything tasted fresh.

Small gripe: drink prices are not fully listed, so ask to avoid surprises.

If you come by train to Hudson, it's about a 1 mile/20 min walk up Warren Street.

Seafood Chimichanga

Vegetarian Spring Rolls

Quesadilla Wedge with Steak, Appetizer

Well-made Top Shelf Margarita

Hot Sauces offered for Retail Sale. Better not be an Earthquake :)

Brooklyn, NY
“overpriced mexican food served by white people”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

my husband "can I have an horchata?" the waiter "what is that?" us "Huh?"

this is a mexican restaurant, right? their food was good, but we thought it was over-priced for what they are (they should be 25% less), and the service was poor. (we think one waiter was handling way too many tables.)

there's a food truck a block down from this place run by mexican people. probably that'd have been so much more affordable and tastier.

Copake, New York
“worth a detour”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Fun menu and well prepared. Gets tiring however so space is needed between visits. Reservation needed. Gets crowded and noisy. Service good.

Visited August 2012
Hudson, New York
“Had a very good meal there”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The last time I was at Mexican Radio, back in March, they seemed off their game. The calamari, for example, was way overycooked and was like eating rubber bands.
Maybe the kitchen staff has changed, since our food, this time, was well prepared and very tasty. We all enjoyed our dishes. I had a special, the vegeterian chimichanga. One friend had the cajun burrito, and another enchiladas with chicken. I look forward to returning in the near future.

• Visited August 2012

Been to Mexican Radio? Share your experiences!