“A True Gem”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hudson B&B and Inns
Poughkeepsie, New York
“A True Gem”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

What a delightful experience. From their extremely professional reservation service, to confirmations, to assistance with luggage they were great. The owners have transformed an old place into a beautiful and wam 'home' for their guests. We were made to feel very specail...the rooms were great...large with ample storage and always hot water. Breakfast was incredible with many choices all prepared to order; each day on different china. They entertained us with their own story and that of the home and its renovations. Should you have a reason to stay in the Hudson area....don't even consider anywhere else.

Room Tip: We saw several and they were all very nice...we enjoyed the 'pink' room facing the street...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Arnie H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Great Neck, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent 3 days at the Inn at Hudson because we were attending a Wedding in the area. What a fantastic place. We loved our room , the delicious breakfasts, lovingly prepared and all the attention to detail. Win and Dini are fantastic Innkeepers. They restored the beautiful inn and gardens, their pride pride in their home is evident and much appreciated.
If you are looking for a place to stay in the area, this is it! Only four rooms.
Carolyn and Fred klimpl
Great Neck, NY

Room Tip: We loved the White Room. The green room has a bigger bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn312
Marblehead, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is an enchanting place. The gardens are beautifully colorful and well tended. The owners are wonderful and know how to care for their guests. The breakfast is not to be missed in one of the most beautiful rooms I've ever had breakfast. We came with another couple and we all think we will make this a yearly trip. We hope to stay there again and again for many years to come.

Room Tip: The white room but the cocoa room too.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Brookline, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Inn was gorgeously renovated and decorated with incredible taste and spirit. It had a beautiful garden that was perfect for a late afternoon glass of wine. Breakfast was to die for and served in a walnut paneled room on exquisite china. The hosts were great entertainment and made us all feel like friends, not customers.

Room Tip: They all seemed good, but we stayed in the White Room and had no complaints
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed here three times: on my honeymoon, on my baby moon (7 months pregnant), and with my toddler in tow. I am a musician and practically live in hotels for months on end. This is no hotel, it is an artists retreat! Beauty and uniqueness every way you turn your head, great food, music, a warm and welcoming spirit. They have two pianos, one for adults and one for children. Just a few blocks away from gorgeous Warren Street with its antique markets, opera house, John Doe record store with lots of awesome vinyl classics, amazing coffee at Swallow, and my favorite bar, The Spotty Dog, which doubles as a book store. Park your car by the Inn at Hudson's impressive garden and leave it there. You can walk everywhere EXCEPT the waterfall at BashBish. You will feel like a fairy queen in the white room by the garden, or have romantic time in the BUFFALO room! I wish I could live here forever like Eloise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LarkinLee
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Such a beautiful inn! I came here because I am a writer with a deadline breathing down my neck and terrible writers block. I wanted a beautiful comfortable space where I could relax and let my creativity flow. Well, The Inn at Hudson is the place. My suite, "The White Room" was so beautiful with huge windows, stained glass accents, marble fireplace-- the works. The innkeepers, Dini and Windle were so charming and helpful. They even picked me up from the train station. And Breakfast!!!! Omg. Delish. And lots of choices-- though I say eat whatever Dini recommends.

As soon as I got there, I set up my desk and wrote like crazy. What muse could resist such a charming inn?

The location is very nice. Walking distance from dozens of shops and restaurants. A+++!

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank A-Silver-Sparrow
NYC
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just returned from a great weekend at the Inn at Hudson. Beautifully decorated interior, warm & cozy with antiques, gorgeous woodwork and attention to detail throughout & nicely appointed rooms with fireplaces (very romantic). Great service with attentive owners, fabulous gourmet breakfasts in a gorgeous dining room. This is the only place you should stay while visiting this charming town.

Room Tip: We stayed in the White Room which had a great 4 poster bed & fireplace, it's on the 1st leve...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 4EverTraveler66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
St. Charles Hotel
Hudson City Bed and Breakfast
1805 House B & B
1805 House B & B
#1 of 2 in Claverack

Been to The Inn at Hudson? Share your experiences!