Tiger House: The Inn at Hudson
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
Yorkshire Motel(Claverack)
View Hotel
All reviewsstained glassat homedecorated ceilingsfrench doorsnew managementgreat location for exploringbeautifully restored mansionentrance hallwine and cheesecommon spacefirst floorantique shopsroom was largeguest roomsquiet streetbreakfast was deliciouscocoa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is an enchanting place. The gardens are beautifully colorful and well tended. The owners are wonderful and know how to care for their guests. The breakfast is not to be missed in one of the most beautiful rooms I've ever had breakfast. We came with another couple and we all think we will make this a yearly trip. We hope to stay there again and again for many years to come.

Room Tip: The white room but the cocoa room too.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Inn was gorgeously renovated and decorated with incredible taste and spirit. It had a beautiful garden that was perfect for a late afternoon glass of wine. Breakfast was to die for and served in a walnut paneled room on exquisite china. The hosts were great entertainment and made us all feel like friends, not customers.

Room Tip: They all seemed good, but we stayed in the White Room and had no complaints
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed here three times: on my honeymoon, on my baby moon (7 months pregnant), and with my toddler in tow. I am a musician and practically live in hotels for months on end. This is no hotel, it is an artists retreat! Beauty and uniqueness every way you turn your head, great food, music, a warm and welcoming spirit. They have two pianos, one for adults and one for children. Just a few blocks away from gorgeous Warren Street with its antique markets, opera house, John Doe record store with lots of awesome vinyl classics, amazing coffee at Swallow, and my favorite bar, The Spotty Dog, which doubles as a book store. Park your car by the Inn at Hudson's impressive garden and leave it there. You can walk everywhere EXCEPT the waterfall at BashBish. You will feel like a fairy queen in the white room by the garden, or have romantic time in the BUFFALO room! I wish I could live here forever like Eloise.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LarkinLee
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Such a beautiful inn! I came here because I am a writer with a deadline breathing down my neck and terrible writers block. I wanted a beautiful comfortable space where I could relax and let my creativity flow. Well, The Inn at Hudson is the place. My suite, "The White Room" was so beautiful with huge windows, stained glass accents, marble fireplace-- the works. The innkeepers, Dini and Windle were so charming and helpful. They even picked me up from the train station. And Breakfast!!!! Omg. Delish. And lots of choices-- though I say eat whatever Dini recommends.

As soon as I got there, I set up my desk and wrote like crazy. What muse could resist such a charming inn?

The location is very nice. Walking distance from dozens of shops and restaurants. A+++!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank A-Silver-Sparrow
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just returned from a great weekend at the Inn at Hudson. Beautifully decorated interior, warm & cozy with antiques, gorgeous woodwork and attention to detail throughout & nicely appointed rooms with fireplaces (very romantic). Great service with attentive owners, fabulous gourmet breakfasts in a gorgeous dining room. This is the only place you should stay while visiting this charming town.

Room Tip: We stayed in the White Room which had a great 4 poster bed & fireplace, it's on the 1st level. The Green Room is nice as well on the 2nd level.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple