All reviewscountry squirequichefresh fruitthe main streethost paulwarren streetrecord playerqueen roommy husband and ipb jlarge parking lotgrilled cheesethe claw foot tubtrain stationbaked goodsblock walkeasy walking distance
Reviewed November 30, 2017

This was our first trip to Hudson, NY, and we wanted to stay at a B&B close to the town center. Batterby House could not have been more ideal for us! Upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted by Joe and Courtney, the owners of the inn. They were very flexible with us leaving later, and were eager to share their recommendations of things to do in Hudson. The inn was walking distance from everything we wanted to see in Hudson (restaurants, opera house, river). The queen bedroom we stayed in was gorgeous, and the bathtub was to die for. Their eggs benedict, fresh fruit and muffins, wide selection of teas and coffee, and OJ were great. They also have a snack bar open 24/7 and filled with goodies. We hope to be back at Batterby very soon!!

2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed November 26, 2017

We loved our first visit to Batterby House B&B!
This beautifully restored turn of the century home is charming! The downstairs rooms, as well as our room, were spacious, exceptionally clean and nicely decorated - no detail seemed too be missed.
Proprietors, Joe and Courtney were so warm and welcoming, and also helpful as we navigated our first visit into charming downtown Hudson (an easy walk away). And breakfast was yet another delight - homemade muffins, yogurt, fruit + their delicious signature Eggs Benedict. Joe even fired up the griddle to make my husband the most yummy gluten-free French toast!
We shall return!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank karenmaslow
Reviewed November 20, 2017

My fiance and I decided to do a little weekend getaway in Hudson two weekends ago and couldn't have chosen a better place to stay.

Joe and Courtney at Batterby House are top notch hosts and made us feel right at home. Every morning we came down to a full breakfast complete with fruits, excellent coffee (can't recall the roaster), blueberry muffins, a superb eggs benedict one day and a creative and delicious egg casserole the other. You can tell they've really thought through every detail in the house. The room was well adorned and the bed was very comfortable. Last but not least, there were scores of complimentary snacks and drinks out in the hallway.

It was our first trip to Hudson and there is a ton to offer. Every restaurant, cafe, bar and store had something quirky, unique, and high quality. I'd highly recommend the town to anyone considering a trip.

When we come back, we'll be staying at Batterby. Thanks!

1  Thank Alex G
Reviewed November 13, 2017

We were so excited when we arrived at the Batterby House in Hudson, NY. The B+B is located in the heart of Hudson so shopping and restaurants are steps away! Joe and Courtney were super friendly upon arrival. The interior is stunning with stained glass windows and a fantastic dining room. Our room was on the second floor which also houses the fabulous snack bar! Fiji waters, Pellegrino, gourmet popcorns and classic candy bar's make up the the quaint setting.
We stayed in the Queen Room with a balcony. The room was spotless. It had an amazing down comforter with flannel sheets that Joe and Courtney said they just added for the cooler months. The bathroom was adorned with an amazing clawfoot tub and custom bath products from "2 Note", which is an amazing local skincare boutique. We had DirectTV in room and our balcony had new chairs/table.
The best part of the whole stay was the breakfast. We arrived downstairs at 9AM with a full spread. Coffee, OJ, fruit, yogurt, granola and fresh baked goods by Courtney! Delicious blueberry muffins and caramel apple cake (this was just the first course). Joe prepared an UNREAL Egg Benedict atop a gourmet grilled cheese and a side of potatoes. Breakfast was so fabulous, right up there with any of the local breakfast spots.
We can't wait to come back next year and highly recommend to anyone looking for a cozy and hospitable getaway!

2  Thank leshuey10
Reviewed November 13, 2017

I can't even begin to say how much I adored my stay at Batterby House this weekend. Joe and Courtney are gracious hosts (and even better chefs!). The house is beautiful, with stained glass windows, wooden floors, fireplaces in all of the rooms, and amazing antiques mixed with modern conveniences. Breakfast was amazing, with freshly baked pastries and a hot breakfast boasting perfectly poached eggs. Two other visitors had a nut and gluten allergy, and Joe and Courtney were so diligent making sure their food was prepared without those. On top of amazing food, there is a free snack bar filled with tasty treats that I definitely indulged in more than once!

My room was to die for. The bed was about the most comfortable thing I've ever laid on and the down comforter and flannel sheets were perfect to cozy up underneath. My room had a record player in it with a great record selection... Blossom Dearie AND Beck? Oh yes, please. The bathroom was clean and pretty with amazing smelling bath products from 2 Note. I loved the products so much, I actually went and bought my own perfume as a souvenir!

I am already so excited to come back for a second visit. Love Batterby House!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo