“New management... still not that great”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hudson Grand Buffet Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 89 Restaurants in Hudson
Albany, New York
“New management... still not that great”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Food is about the same as it was before, which is decent for buffet, the wait staff is attentive but the place always looks dirty.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Can M

Hudson, New York
“Favorite foods no longer on buffet”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We ate at the Grand Buffet in Hudson, NY on 8/26/13 and were extremely disappointed. Most of our favorite foods are no longer on the dinner buffet. These include: General TSO's Chicken; a spicy shrimp; a Seafood Combination of shrimp, imitation crab meat, and calamari; and deep fried shrimp. In addition, the steak bits and kebabs were very tough and lacked flavor. Overall, the selection of foods was very poor. We do not plan on going back. We will instead go to the Asian Café in the Walmart Plaza or the Spring Garden.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jeannine M
VALATIE
“Good but filthy!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I really like the food here, but the place is completely nasty filthy. It doesn't stop me from going there though.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank terryc361
Hudson, New York
“Decent”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I wish they had more fresh items like a salad bar added to the mix and more fruit options. Otherwise good because they have veggie dishes.

Visited June 2012
unknown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere and good food.”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I am a repeat customer of this establishment. I go there because I love their selection of food and I love the price. My children love going there as well. This is a place where you can walk up get your food and go back to your table without having to wait in ridiculous long line or bumping into people. My kids find this to be one of the best parts about this place, the fact that they can go up by themselves makes them feel good. The food was a bit on the cool side the last time I went and I did bring it to the attention to the hostess. This is actually one of the only restaurants that you can find all you can eat and they serve Snow Crab legs. Not only that but there is such a variety of foods that everyone in my party can find something that they love. My son loves squid and this also happens to be the only place I have ever been that serves small squid still with a head and tentacles. My son devours them and I will not cook them at home so this is ideal. Anyhow the selection is wonderful compared to other buffet type restaurants I have been to. Also the staff at this restaurant are very polite. Some have difficulty with English but it all goes well in the end. The other thing I love about this place is that they sell very unique jewelry. Last but not least, it is close and convenient to the people of this town and I find that everyone I know goes there and enjoys the food and service.

• Visited November 2012