“great meal!”
Review of Wunderbar Bistro

Wunderbar Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Wunderbar Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 92 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Comfort food at affordable prices. Cozy atmosphere with a great beer, wine, and menu selection.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have eaten here several times, but I also go for the music and /or for the excellent selection of beer served. The service is ok, the food is very tasty and nicely prepared, but the beer is wonderful

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We came here not knowing what to expect and were so pleasantly surprised at what we found. First of all , it is a very welcoming,causul atmosphere, with very friendly and accommodating staff. The drink menu was inventive and the daily specials were really special. I had a house infused vodka that was terrific, and the price was even better. Cant wait to try some of the others next time. The menu is classic bistro, with something for everyone. The steak sandwich was amazing. A large portion and done just right. My turkey burger had a problem, but they not only corrected it, but more than made up for the inconvenience of waiting for a new order. Hudson is a real food town, and choices abound, but we would highly recommend Wonderbar , especially before or after theatre, movies or antiquing.. Note: this is not a white napkin dining experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here on two occasions recently. Our first meal was a more traditional appetizer, salad, and entree which was overall very good ( the veal was very well prepared) with average salads and an overcooked shrimp appetizer. This visit was somewhat dampened (literally) by a neighboring table of drunk, boisterous women who proceeded to knock over several drinks with accompanying "fanfare". As there were several other diners there, i would have thought that the management would have intervened. Considering the large number of empty glasses on the table, they may have been more interested in the higher margin on booze than food crowd. Our second visit was to explore the Pub Grub. They did really well here with delicious burgers (both black bean and beef), as well as wings and a good selection of local brews on tap which turn over frequently. There was only one waitress on both our visits so service was a bit slow but pleasant. I will go back for a burger and a beer keeping in mind that I am eating in a bar and not in a restaurant.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went for a few post dinner drinks before heading to our B&B. The service was friendly and prompt. The atmosphere was a bit strange, but overall, it was a well priced bar

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The photos of this place make it look far more upscale than it is. My BF and I went here for Valentine's Day weekend with a http://restaurant.com certificate. We made reservations by phone but when we arrived we discovered we didn't need a reservation, as the restaurant encouraged us to just sit anywhere we found a free table. The restaurant is separated into two sections: a bar/lounge with 10-12 tables for dinner guests, and a back section which has live music on the weekends. If you're going here for a quiet dinner make sure you call and ask if there are any concerts going on that night.

We ordered horseradish shrimp for an appetizer and steaks for our entrees. The food was decent but not great: while the shrimps were tasty, the "Delmonico" steak had a lot of fat on it. For 10 oz. there was a lot of the steak that I simply couldn't eat. There wasn't much in the way of atmosphere, as the restaurant seems to focus more on their bar customers than their dinner customers. The bathroom was VERY much a dive bar bathroom, with a hook-and-eye enclosure and ads for liquor plastering the walls.

With the http://restaurant.com certificate the price was great for two steak dinners and shrimp, but that's not enough to bring me back here.

1  Thank honestyseasy

Been to Wunderbar Bistro? Share your experiences!