“Don't let the humble exterior fool you.”
Review of Grazin'

Grazin'
Ranked #8 of 92 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 14, 2014

There are some quality eats inside this place. Hudson has a lot of great restaurants but this place is unique. They are a "Farm to Table" establishment and the freshness of the food proves that out. I recently had a liverwurst sandwich there that completely surprised me. Their menu said it had to be tried, so I did even though I don't particularly like liverwurst and the whole menu had many tempting dishes, but when a restaurant tells its customers to try something, I do. Who knew something as pedestrian as a liverwurst sandwich could be turned into something so flavorful and delicious, I love surprises like that. They make their own soda pop onsite, it also is incredibly tasty while the house made mayo is fantastic with their fries. So happy I stopped in and I look forward to going back. Maybe next time I will try their farm fresh eggs or one of their grass fed burger offerings. It is definitely a place you have to go to more than once.

1  Thank George V

Reviewed May 4, 2014

If I were to own a restaurant, I would do it this way. I would offer local "in-season" produce organically grown, if possible, along with grass-fed beef and poultry raised in a free-range manner. I would make as much of the food as possible myself and buy what I needed to from others who believe in the same concepts.

That is what Grazin is all about. It is family-owned. The service is cheerful and seems dedicated to the mission of serving the customers excellent food that the owners can be proud of in their restaurant. Restaurant is a bit off in terminology because it is fashioned more like a diner inside and outside. That seems appropriate because the food is probably similar in ingredients to what was served in the 1950s before concentrated animal feeding organizations and 12-month availability of all produce.

I was there for lunch during my first visit. I chose their hamburger special. It was a delight to eat. A very delicious combination of a burger with fried onions, lettuce, and a special sauce served on an organic bun. It also came with French fries and a homemade pickle. I also had an unsweetened iced tea. I could have spent an hour savoring this lunch, but had to pack about half of it to go so I could get back to work.

I had no complaints about the meal or the service. It is expensive for a work-day lunch. This is expected based on the quality of the ingredients. The bill was about $20 before tip, but I will treat myself to it every other week and make sure I can take an hour to enjoy it. It's just that good.

1  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed March 25, 2014

must go. best grass fed food i've ever had!!!!!!!!! awesome manager, smart and knowledgeable. very friendly staff.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Farmer was in the house so it was so nice to meet the man that raised the beef I ate!!! Milkshakes are pricey but worth it!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This eatery is near the eastern end of the Warren St. strip. It takes the concept of Farm-to-Table dining and places it in a diner-like setting. The restaurant claims it is the first restaurant to be certified as serving all of its protein from "Animal Welfare Approved" sources and the waitress informed us that the beef in my burger only had to travel 7 miles from its source to get to my plate. Now, although I can appreciate the locovore foodie movement, it is not something I seek out. I was hungry while shopping and happened upon this place and it looked good. I was happily surprised at how much I loved this place and how good the food was. I'm not one to say "oh its locally sourced so naturally its amazing"- Im skeptical usually about those claims- but my burger was terrific, and yes, the meat itself tasted amazing! Also the homemade ketchup and mayonnaise was terrific as well. The prices were slightly higher than a typical fast casual restaurant, but when you taste the flavor and quality, it doesn't seem to be as much of an issue. The food was terrific, and next time I'm in town shopping, this will be my go-to lunch spot.