“Great BBQ! Who knew...”
Review of American Glory BBQ

American Glory BBQ
Ranked #20 of 94 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Cajun & Creole, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Pub, Gastropub, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: American Glory Restaurant is located in historic Hudson, NY, only two hours north of Manhattan along the scenic Hudson River. Situated in the heart of Hudson’s restaurant district on Warren Street, only a 15 minute ride from the Taconic State Parkway or NYS Thruway and within walking distance of the Amtrak station. American Glory specializes in legendary wood smoked BBQ and classic American comfort foods. Our menu includes many vegetarian and gluten free options. Housed in a masterfully renovated red brick firehouse, American Glory Restaurant boasts a rich history of dedicated firefighters. Formerly the H. Rogers Hose Company it was home to the second oldest volunteer fire department in the United States;organized in 1794. The firehouse has been meticulously restored to highlight the original red brick walls, wood floors and historic grand wooden staircase.American Glory is warm and inviting, filled with the aroma of wood smoked barbecue, hometown comfort foods, enjoyable music, good times and roaring laughter.A beautiful dark wood and mirror bar with ice chilled beer taps sits on the casual pub style first floor and expansive doors open to our sidewalk dining area. The second floor houses a spacious family dining room with seating for 100 people and doubles as an art gallery, featuring a different Columbia County artist each month. The additional private dining room with working fireplace and large screen TV seats 24 people, an ideal setting for business meetings, billiards, intimate gatherings and family Sunday dinners.
Reviewed January 8, 2017

...That you can get great BBQ in Hudson NY? We tried this place for lunch and, as a southerner, I was amazed at how great the food turned out to be. We enjoyed the pork, chicken, and brisket - each tender, juicy, and perfectly seasoned. The service was terrific and prices reasonable. What a delightful place!

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

This place is boring to me. Food so so. Drinks ok. Just nothing special in my personal opinion.so many better options in town and I can't stand tv blasting sports either

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed December 11, 2016

We had to dine quickly and Kaitlynn took care of us. Started with the Sausage Appetizer and Smoked Pork Belly Skewer both served with a delicious red cabbage slaw. Wife had the New Awlins Fried Oyster Po-Boy and I had two sliders [Chopped BBQ Beef & Brisket with more Pickled Red Cabbage and Cajun Catfish]. Food was very good and the space is clean and nicely decorated. As i said service was excellent. A bit pricey but that's typical of most Hudson restaurants. Too convenient to the Amtrak station with day trippers from NYC. This is our second visit and there will be more.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 21, 2016

Well, since I do like to review restaurants and hotels that I've been to here, I also take some time to read what other reviewers have to say before and, at times, after I've been to a place. And I did that concerning American Glory BBQ in Hudson NY. My wife and I and a good friend of ours who's visiting from Italy were intending to go to another restaurant when we drove to Hudson for the day only to find our destination closed for lunch. So, we decided on American Glory BBQ even though BBQ isn't my very favorite thing in the world. Well, it turned out to be a great choice because the food and the beer was fantastic. Now, I'd seen some negative reviews of this restaurant among the more prevalent positive ones and, frankly, I can't imagine why there were any. I guess you can't satisfy all of the people all of the time, as the saying goes. My wife...(don't tell her I told you)...is a very critical diner. She loved the ribs! Our Italian friend who's in the gourmet and artisanal food business in Italy said his dish was "wonderful." I had the blackened catfish and it was absolutely perfect along with the rice and the fried potatoes that were equally delicious. All in all, the three of us were as satisfied as could be with the food and the service. It left us all with a mighty good feeling about this restaurant and I'd recommend it for sure.

Date of visit: November 2016
3  Thank Avrumeleh B
Reviewed November 14, 2016

... but it's not. Hudson, NY is a very hip place these days. Quirky little independent businesses line Warren St. The mayor marches in the Pride parade with our wondderful resident drag queen Trixie Starr. So what does all this have to do with American Glory? The food is totally acceptable, the drinks tasty, the service fine. But the vibe is Mall of America. You would swear that AG is a chain bbq place. If this is what you like, go find a Cheesecake Factory or Olive Garden, or just enjoy AG. My humble opinion.

Date of visit: October 2016