“Fantastic place to stay”

The Croff House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 17 Hudson B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Needing a place to stay during a snow storm and wanting to be semi close to work, Croff House was suggested by a coworker.
The owners could not have been more kind and the accomodations were first class. They have thought of everything there from funishings, to colors to the smell od fresh flowers throughout the place. Just great. And let me tell you, after a rough week, the bed and fireplace were perfect with the rain/sheet hiting the oversized windows.
I will certainly return when i can stay a few days.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Russell G, Owner at The Croff House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2014

What a storm that was! We're glad you found us and that The Croff House could provide a warm oasis in the swirling snow. Thanks for the sensational review. Even though you were only here a short time we appreciate your recognizing all the details that guests tell us make a stay a TCH memorable. We look forward to having you back, whether on business or pleasure. Until then "Think Spring"!

Reviewed February 25, 2010

The Croff House is one of the most luxurious B & B's I have ever stayed at. I was traveling on business and unfortunately booked at another hotel in Hudson, NY. It was horrific, I have never been to an accomodation where I did not even want to sit in the chair in the roon. I began calling local B & B's and was rescued by Russ and Duncan at the Croff House. I arrived to find a beautiful Victorian home restored to a luxury B & B. Their hospitality cannot be matched, the relaxing environment of their inn is unbelieveable, and the gourmet breakfast incredible! And let us not forget the wonderful linens on the beds and the spa like bathrooms. This is a five star plus accomadation and I would recommend it highly. I am a seasoned business traveler and could not recommend any accomadation more highly.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Our damsel in distress! Thanks so much for the amazing review. As a business traveler you must have seen the whole spectrum of accommodations, so we're thrilled to be at the top of your list It's nice to know that The Croff House could serve as your home while you were working at CMH and that you were able to come back each evening, relax and unwind after a busy (and long) work day to enjoy all the amenities the inn has to offer. We hope to see you again in the future whether on business or pleasure. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 18, 2010

I recently visited The Croff House for a weekend getaway with my boyfriend. We had read the reviews and since they were all positive, we were looking forward to our stay. Duncan and Russ, the proprietors of The Croff House didn't disappoint. Not only is the house stunning, our room was large and cozy and exactly what were were expecting. The cookies at tea time were superb. Although their establishment has been open for less than a year, Russ and Duncan are so successful at creating a warm, comforting environment that they may as well have been doing this for years! I look forward to booking the next trip!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

We really enjoyed having you both stay with us and are very glad you had such a wonderful time at The Croff House. We both realize that our guests' expectations are high, especially given all the positive reviews past guests have been so generous in writing on TA. Being able to exceed your expectations makes our efforts that much more rewarding - down to the last cookie. We look forward to having you back - you mentioned this Fall - but this time we insist on picking you up at the train : ). Until then, thanks again and be well.

Reviewed February 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Croff House for a relaxing getaway weekend. This was our first B&B experience and I think we are now spoiled! It was amazing! The Croff House is quaint yet modern with incredible hosts that add to the whole experience. Russ and Duncan have thought of every detail! We loved our room (Esylyn). The bathroom was immaculately clean with a soaking tub and a great shower. Our room had a gas fireplace and a lovely sete by the bay window. It was nice having some modern amenities (wifi, Direct TV, apple TV from which you can rent movies, IPOD connection in the room, spa type shower) at a B&B. Russ and Duncan were wonderful hosts. They picked us up and dropped us off at the train station! They suggested some wonderful dinner choices. The breakfast was amazing!! The afternoon tea was left for us to enjoy at our leisure with wonderfully delicious fresh baked cookies! We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time to write such a spectacular review! It was such a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend and you both so easy going and appreciative that it makes us feel like our efforts are worthwhile. We're glad you enjoyed the Esselstyn Suite and the other areas of the inn as well as wonderful meals at some of Hudson's best restaurants. All the best wishes for you and the new baby. When you need a little break you know where to find us.

Reviewed February 16, 2010

Best B&B I have ever stayed in, and I'm not as young as I look. ;-) The shower was great with its multiple shower heads, and the bedding was spotlessly clean and so soft, I wish I had sheets as nice on my bed at home.
The breakfast was delicious, and the snack was fun (Rice Crispy treats with white chocolate!).
The only downside was that we were allowed to spend just 20 hours there, for check-in is at 3 and check-out is at 11. I wanted more time. :-)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

What a great weekend it was! Especially having such wonderful guests as you both. We are so happy you enjoyed yourselves to the fullest and took advantage of all The Croff House and Hudson has to offer. Thanks for all the fantastic comments in your review (glad you deemed the bacon "awesome"). Spring (and warmer weather) will soon be upon us and we hope to see you back soon. Until then thanks again and all the best!

Reviewed February 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Croff House for 3 nights over Valentine's Day weekend and we had an amazing time. This was our first experience with a B&B and I must say that it was perfect in every way possible. I'm actually a little worried that any other B&B will not meet my new-found expectations after the Croff experience. The house and amenities are incredible, the breakfasts are delicious (praline pecan encrusted bacon...yeah), and the hosts Russ and Duncan are completely devoted to ensuring that guests have a wonderful time. From the moment we arrived, we felt right at home. I would not hesitate to recommend the Croff House to family and friends. Thanks Russ and Duncan for an amazing weekend!

Reviewed January 24, 2010

The Croff House was the perfect place to enjoy a night away. The facilities are top notch and the atmosphere is wonderfully cozy! The over sized tub was especially memorable. Duncan and Russ were kind enough to mail us back the hat and gloves we left before we even realized we had left them. Overall great night and awesome hospitality.

Stayed: January 2010
Croff1, Owner/Innkeeper at The Croff House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2010

First we're so glad you had such a fantastic time. Second, we're so glad you enjoyed all the amenities the inn has to offer. Lastly, we loved the hat and gloves - just not our size LOL : ). We look forward to your return soon and hope you survive the rest of the winter.