“Guaranteed Perfect Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hudson
The Croff House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 16 Hudson B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Guaranteed Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My fiancé and I wanted to find a place where we could have a guaranteed enjoyable and memorable weekend in Hudson, NY. Based on reviews, we went with The Croff House. We were not let down - the reviews are all spot on.

I don't think I can say anything that hasn't been said yet - but I can definitely attest all the comments to be true. From the moment you arrive, Russ and Duncan are extremely welcoming. And they really went above and beyond for us - in so many ways. The decor, the food, the atmosphere - all perfect. You could not ask for better hosts than Russ and Duncan.

We absolutely will be staying again and HIGHLY recommend.

Room Tip: We booked the Esselstyn Suite. Very welcoming room, and good day time sunlight.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Walter D
Russell G, Owner at The Croff House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
We can't say "thanks" enough for the sensational review! It was so wonderful having you both stay with us and are so pleased that you were able to enjoy and appreciate all we do and offer our guests to make their stay memorable and to live up to the expectations many guests arrive with, especially after reading such amazing reviews as yours. Your heartfelt praise is so meaningful not only to us but to guests trying to make the difficult choice in lodging alternatives in Hudson. Until next time we thank you so very much and wish you both a Happy Autumn!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Carmel Valley, California, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Beautiful, gracious house and gracious hosts. However, one of the most uncomfortable beds I have experienced. Awakened several times during the night with a back ache and had a sore back for several days after stay. The mattress was way too soft. Also, breakfast at 9:00 is too late for travelers that need to be on their way and the one hour breakfast window does not offer enough flexibility.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Doug D
We are so sorry that you had a poor night's sleep during your single night stay with us and even more sorry that you didn't feel comfortable letting us know until now. We've had so many guests, including ones with acute back issues, tell us what a great sleep they had on our euro-pillowtop mattresses that we are surprised to hear you didn't. For guests who need an early departure/check out we are more than happy to provide a continental breakfast for them to enjoy at whatever time they choose in the morning, including setting up coffee to be available as the guest wishes. If you had let us know you preferred an earlier breakfast it would have been our pleasure to set this up for you both. We feel that serving breakfast between 9:00 and 10:00 allows our vacationing guests the opportunity to ease into their day leisurely. We apologize if this schedule did not meet your needs.
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Croff House was the perfect getaway from our week in NYC. A short 2 hour train trip north to Hudson and we were transformed to a different world. Russ and Duncan have thought of everything and made sure we had all the information we needed to make our stay in Hudson the best it could be. We only wished we could have spent more time enjoying the beautiful surroundings and wonderful hospitality. The bed was comfy, the bathroom amazing and breakfast delicious. We would highly recommend The Croff House.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
It was so wonderful having you stay with us and thanks so much for the excellent review! You certainly took advantage of all that The Croff House and Hudson has to offer in such a short time. That just means you'll need to come back and discover what you missed! Until then, many thanks - we truly appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with future guests! Until next time, be well.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Coming from Los Angeles to enjoy a mother-daughter getaway before my daughter began her final year of law school at Columbia, I could not have been morel pleased with this charming jewel in this delightful town. Starting with my initial phone conversation with Russ months ago, to the helpful emails containing spa and restaurant suggestions, to Duncan's personally meeting our taxi as we arrived at The Croff House, my first B&B experience was phenomenal from beginning to end when Duncan drove us to the train station for our trip back to Mannattan. Croff house is a delight to the senses........a charming, beautifully restored and furnished Victorian filled with relaxing music, delicious breakfasts containing the innkeepers' homemade jams and jellies, and gifts of their scented handmade candles to take home. Our room was the Esselstyn Suite, and the pillow top matress on the imposing four poster bed gave me the best night's sleep. The huge soaking tub and six jet spa shower were added pleasures, as were the thick, plush towels and robes. My daughter and I enjoyed reading on the chaise in the bay window of our room, in the shaded front porch rocking chairs, the breezy back deck, and on the tree filled backyard patio in front of the bubbling fountain. The best part of The Croff House is her owners, Russ and Duncan, who take charm, graciousness, hospitality, and personal service to a new level! We were made to feel like old friends as they shared their home, delightful anecdotes about the house and Hudson, and sightseeing/shopping, and entertainment recommendations for our two day stay. I highly recommend The Croff House, and can't wait to return.. .....especially in cooler weather when I can enjoy the fireplaces in our bedroom and the downstairs common areas. Thank you, Duncan and Russ for making Croff House so extraordinary and your guests feel so welcomed!!!!!!

Room Tip: Esselstyn Suite was very spacious, warm and inviting.....faced street, little traffic - very quiet...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Motheranddaughter12
They say good things come in threes, right? Thanks a million for the sensational review! We're so glad you two had such an amazing time at The Croff House and that it was all you wanted/needed it to be and more. We so appreciate such glowing comments and having such easy going guests as yourselves. We hope that you will visit us again when you're 'back East". As you wrote in the guestbook maybe the graduate "will treat you to another weekend getaway" : ) Until then, thanks so much again and be well!
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I work in the hospitality industry in NYC, and yet I have never experienced as warm and lovely guest service as I have from Russ & Duncan. The Croff House is an absolutely gorgeous space, located incredibly close to the main stretch of shops and restaurants in Hudson. I was greeted warmly upon arriving from Russ, who took me on a tour of the home and answered any questions I had about Hudson while Duncan took up my bag (how kind). The amenities are incredible - Gilchrist & Soames bath products, Apple TV with some select movies to watch, an amazing spa shower, an iHome to dock my iPhone, and a powerful AC.

I spent a lot of hours in the main living area and the library reading on their incredibly, INCREDIBLY comfortable sofas and chairs. I also spent some time in the beautiful garden, and on the terrace when it was raining, which was a beautiful sight.

However, my absolute favorite part of my trip to Hudson was definitely the amazingly delicious breakfasts served up by Russ & Duncan. With unlimited delicious coffee sourced by a local merchant by way of Nicaragua, there are three courses to breakfast: a pastry of some sort, a local fruit with yogurt, and a dazzling main course. I did not know that red pepper in a muffin could taste so delicious. The huevos rancheros also ranked among the best breakfasts I've ever eaten. The restaurants in Hudson are great but nothing measured up to the fantastic food at the Croff.

The Croff House's dazzling service provided by Russ and Duncan will make me a repeat visitor. I'm trying to coax a group of my friends into a fall trip for my birthday. The Croff House, as far as I'm concerned, is the ONLY place to stay in Hudson. There's a reason it's #1.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Traver and it was lovely. 2nd floor, pretty view of the garden, king size bed, green...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DanielleDoherty
What a stellar review! We sincerely appreciate the awesome praises and thank you so very, very much. It was so wonderful having you stay with us, especially knowing how much you enjoyed your visit. Coming from a fellow hospitality professional makes your comments even that much more meaningful to us. We hope you and your friends are able to put something together to celebrate your special day and we will look forward to seeing you all then. For now, though, please accept our sincerest thanks.
columbia, PA
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Russ and Duncan have a beautiful home and were outstanding hosts! The Inn is beautiful and the breakfast was awesome. Only wish we could have stayed longer!

The private bathroom was extra special with a 'spa-like' shower and the amenities were great! The back porch and garden area was so relaxing. Don't miss this b and b!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nothing like an enthusiastic review to get our day off on the right foot! Thanks so much guys. We so enjoyed having you stay with us and you're right it was too short of a stay, but at least you were able to sample a bit of what makes a stay at The Croff House special. We look forward to seeing you back again soon. Until then thanks for the awesome review and take care!
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I just stayed at The Croff House for a second time, and I was delighted all over again; my husband, who had never been there before, cannot wait to return. Russ and Duncan provide a level of service and warmhearted professionalism that is rare in hotels these days; they are gracious and welcoming – they are founts of information about Hudson – but they are never in any way intrusive. Their guesthouse is beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean. From the spa-grade bath supplies in the bathrooms to the luxurious linens on the beds, their degree of attention to the smallest details is evident in everything they offer. And the breakfasts! We anticipated these delicious three-course meals with a sense of giddy anticipation. And my husband’s dietary restrictions (he is lactose intolerant), which can be burdensome when we travel, were no problem here: Russ and Duncan were ready for us with almond milk on hand (months ago, I noted my husband’s milk allergies when I made our reservation). If you’re looking for a special getaway, The Croff House is truly special. My husband and I are planning our next visit, and there will be many more to come!

-- Julie in NYC

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
What a pleasure it was having you both stay with us! Thanks SO much for the outstanding review, too! It was great having J back and we're glad you were able to share The Croff House with D and that you enjoyed yourself yet again. Repeat guests always indicate to us that we must be doing something right, and you are proof of that based on your wonderful comments. We're thrilled to hear you are already planning your next visit. So until then be well and thanks so very much!