All reviewsimpeccable tastehome away from homeattention to detailwarren streetmichaelartconversationhostweekendpropertyfireplaceguests
Reviewed October 9, 2017

The Hudson Guest House was a spectacular experience for a birthday weekend to see the autumn leaves. Everything about the experience came down to a careful attention to detail and gracious service. Micheal went out of his way ask about our likes and dietary needs. He had great itinerary suggestions and his Hudson Guest House is labor of love that is a beautifully curated collection of treasures from around the world. Did I mention he bottle of champagne waiting for us in the room to celebrate my birthday? Or the particular kind of Assam tea waiting for me at breakfast? Had the best sleep in months on a huge bed with luxury linens and a deep soak in the HUGE tub in our suite. Micheal understood how to walk the line between attentive service and giving us space to rest: IT was as if the Hudson Gust House was our own home. What a gem!

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the Buffalo Hunters painting - quiet sleep
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Michael R, Owner at The Hudson Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear Autumn C,
Thank you for staying at The Hudson Guest House and also for this wonderful post on TripAdvisor.
It was a pleasure to have you here for your birthday weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed your company. I'm really happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the details in this review.
Should your future plans include a return trip to Hudson, I hope to welcome you back. Best wishes to you and yours for happy holidays in the season ahead.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Forget grubby English B&Bs with sullen landladies. When did you last sleep in linen sheets! The Hudson Gust House is a beautifully restored period building, exquisitely and luxuriously furnished by the owner Michael, who is the perfect host. Breakfasts are carefully prepared and just fantastic and set you up for the day exploring Hudson and this lovely area. He arranged a hire car for us, and provided information and maps for our excursions. Nothing was too much trouble for him, even suspect he arranged the beautiful autumn (fall) weather!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Michael R, Owner at The Hudson Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear Mike T,

It was indeed a pleasure and an honor to have you stay at The Hudson Guest House. You were great guests and extended warm, gracious company throughout your stay. I enjoyed the book and will share it with others.

Thank you for the generous review you posted here on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the details and spirit in your remarks. Your information on the trails was very useful as a couple this past weekend made use of the guides.

Warmest wishes to you both for happy holidays ahead and to having family on the continent very soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I spent a Wonderful three days at this marvelous inn. The host owner chef concierge Michael did not miss a beat in creating this Magical Place. Centrally located on Warren the inn is within walking distance of all Hudson has to offer. We will return.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bklyndodger
Michael R, Owner at The Hudson Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear bklyndodger,

Thank you for staying at The Hudson Guest House and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

I enjoyed your company immensely and and am delighted you were both so pleased.
I hope the rest of your trip continued in this manner and wish you continued happiness for all the years to come.

When your plans include a return trip to Hudson, NY, I'd be honored to welcome you back.

All best,
Michael

Reviewed September 29, 2017

I am usually wary about staying at B&B's as I have concerns about being given my space and also concerns with having to work around someone else's schedule in regards to check in and check out. But it was not at all a problem. Our host, Michael was extremely flexible and we had no trouble checking in even though we arrived later than expected. Michael was also extremely hospitable and extremely detailed oriented. He was very accommodating as to what time we wanted breakfast. Unlike generic hotels, Michael ensures there is variety and options for breakfast so we were not eating the same thing everyday and extremely generous. We were also provide unlimited bottle water. Food was super fresh and there was always a home made baked good. We were a group of 3 girlfriends wanting a place to catch up, and it was perfect. Michael was very friendly but also gave is our space to catch up privately even when we were sitting in the common area. As for the property, it was perfectly located and immaculate and extremely spacious. Our room very comfortably held all 3 girls with space to spare. The bed was super soft and comfortable. The decor was very tastefully done. The wifi also worked perfectly. I have never had a more wonderful stay and Michael with his attention to detail and kindness made the stay even more enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank JudieNewYork
Michael R, Owner at The Hudson Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Dear JudieNewYork,

Thank you for selecting The Hudson Guest House and I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. The review you posted to TripAdvisor is deeply appreciated and full of so many wonderful details. I'm grateful to you for all the care and time that went into writing it.
You were all great company and it was a pleasure to have you here.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2017

My girlfriends and I visited Hudson for a weekend getaway. I can't say enough about The Hudson Guest House. The place is newly renovated and beautifully decorated with class and taste. Michael is the best B&B host I have ever met. He made us feel like that we are truly the guests. The breakfast is amazing. He also made great recommendations for the hiking/activities to do and restaurants. Our weekend getaway is extra special because of Michael. I would go back just to visit him again!

Room Tip: Our suite is the only one which allows three people occupancy (king with daybed.) The daybed is comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank emeraldnyc

Dear emeraldnyc,

Thank you for staying at The Hudson Guest House and posting a review on TripAdvisor!

I enjoyed your company and am glad the weekend getaway provided much needed r & r. It was a pleasure to be of service and I look forward to welcoming you back when your plans include a return trip to Hudson, NY.

All best,