“Absolutely love this place!”
Review of The Inn at Ca' Mea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hudson
The Inn at Ca' Mea
Ranked #6 of 17 Hudson B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have stayed twice in the past 2 years for weekend get-aways to Hudson! Charming, clean, comfortable, friendly service, great location! Prices always seem a touch more reasonable than other spots in Hudson and it is well worth every penny! Can't go wrong. SO worth the discount at the accompanying restaurant - a REAL plus - the food is truly wonderful! Yes please be aware TripAdvisor has it miscategorized - breakfast is not included. I believe Ca'Mea's own website is reasonably clear about that. While breakfast is always nice, there are such cute little bakeries and cafes in Hudson you'll appreciate the chance to see them!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
innatcamea, Manager at The Inn at Ca' Mea, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you so very much! We are honored to be a part of your weekend retreats and thank you for being so loyal to us! Look forward to many more visits!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

You will love the Inn at Ca' Mea. We had a great two day weekend, I would recommend room number 9 if you don't mind a walk up some stairs, but our friends staying in other rooms were equally at home.

The management and staff were absolutely great and we will book this again if our travels take us to the Hudson Valley again.

Room Tip: Number 9 is the entire top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BryanDC

What a great review, we are so pleased you enjoyed everything and we hope your travels bring you back!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at the Inn with my parents and had a wonderful experience. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, decorated so nicely and the bathrooms are beautiful....very practical especially with the walk-in shower design, which was particularly great for my parents. We loved the wide plank wood floors...you don't see them in the average inn! Service was excellent---Max greeted us and helped us to get settled in our rooms. The sleep control mattresses are cool---another unique feature. We had dinner at Ca'Mea, which was outstanding. Food was top notch...as was having a drink on the patio later in the evening. We loved the Inn at Ca'Mea and the restaurant. Bridgit helped to book our reservation,which was last minute---she was also excellent! Recommend it very highly and hope to get back there soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Wonderful! Look forward to having you again and again! Thank you!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed for three days with another couple in the Inn at Ca'Mea. The rooms are very clean and the beds were very comfortable. There is no check in location, you go to the restaurant and will be shown to your room. The staff is extremely friendly and professional. The Web site lists them as Bed and Breakfast, Inns, Hudson New York Columbia County. However they don't serve any food. Not a big deal but don't be think you're getting a breakfast with your room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ynapa456
innatcamea, Manager at The Inn at Ca' Mea, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

I would like to apologize for the miscommunication, you are correct. We are not a BnB and we do not serve breakfast. I will look into making sure this is clear on our website. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We greatly appreciate your comments and kind words and we certainly hope to have you back on a different occasion. Kindest Regards, Max and Roy

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at the inn for one night of a business trip, and it was a very nice change from chain hotels.

Do the floors creak? Yup, you're staying in a historic building and that's part of the charm! But the room and bathroom were immaculately clean and came equiped with a small fridge, a comfy bed with lots of pillows, two wine glasses and a corkscrew - nice! It was also easy to walk to various shops and restaurants in town. My only suggestions are for a place in the bath to hold toiletries (maybe a shelf above the toilet?) and also a notice that the plug near the bed turns off when you turn off the lights. Several of us were traveling together and none of us had a freshly charged phone in the morning since we turned the light (and plug) off when we went to bed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Grazie! We appreciate your feedback and honest review! We love to hear back from business guests as they are usually in and out so quickly. We will look into putting some sort of extra shelf in the shower for toiletries, that is an excellent suggestion. Being the an older building some of our outlets are connected to the switches and I am very sorry that this was not explained.. I know how much of a pain it is when your phone is dying! Next time you are in town we hope you will stay with us and we will make sure this does not happen again! Kindest Regards, Bridget

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My favorite restaurant manager, anywhere, Brigitte is impeccable manager for both the restaurant and the Inn. The bar is great, where you always meet the best clientele. My last occasion saw me imbibing with a major playwright's agent, a very successful NYC architect, and, well, myself. (HA!). But the point is, that is is a relaxed place where both locals, but particularly weekend locals like to congregate—and just the right class of people—artistic but not pretentious, accomplished but not snobbish. The owners Tony and Max have kept a low-key atmosphere that accentuates the relaxation that both full-time locals and part-time weekenders rely on. With respect to the Inn, I am, let me first say, incredibly picky about Inns. I am also a light sleeper. I recommend staying on the top floors of either of their rooming properties, otherwise disturbing noises are possible from upstairs guests from the (although beautiful) hardwood floors. (These are older buildings, after all.) However, we always request no guests above us and the last time had no problem with that. I am also a very light sleeper. Now, even though the rooming buildings are older, be clear they are impeccably renovated, spotless, large, and the maid service was wonderful. The beds were sleepnumber, the a/c and/or heat the BEST. And best of all, the instructions from the incredibly laid back Brigitte so easy and attention is always so wonderful, I have no real complaints at all. The only tiny one would be that I needed to use my white noise app on my eyephone to block out the small amount of occasional traffic that occurs on Union Street, but, again, I am a very light sleeper—maybe the slightest. Finally, there is a discount attached to the restaurant for Inn guest, so make sure and take advantage of that. I cannot recommend this establishment more highly.

Room Tip: Rooms in main rooming facility (adjacent to the restaurant) are in my opinion, preferable to the new...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow! Thank you Thank you! This is such a great review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I am so thrilled that you enjoyed everything so immensely. Your loyalty to us has been amazing and we are always happy to have you come back and visit. Again, I cannot thank you enough for your kind words. Best, Bridget

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Spent New Year's Eve here with my husband of 34 years. We have traveled the world and spent many nights in varied accommodations. I must say that Ca Mea's Room 9, at the top of the house on Union Street, was one of the most comfortable, intimate and charming bedrooms I have encountered. Sparkling clean old wooden flooring... beautifully minimal design with classic draperies and upholstered furniture in excellent condition... modern bathroom fixtures... Add attic windows and sloped ceilings and you have the perfect set up for romance. Even after 34 years !!
For a 6th star...I would add a bath tub to this room and switch to soaps without a pine scent.

Room Tip: Room 9 is the most private room in this building. Although I never saw another guest at this fully...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank p.zindler

Thank you for your kind words! I really like your suggestions, although a bath tub in that room would not be possible at this time we are happy to say we are expanding the Inn. Our newest location will offer bath tubs in particular rooms. We hope to have this building open by mid summer and check our website for details and pictures. I will talk to the housekeeper and see what we can do about eliminating that pine scent.
Thank you again for such a lovely review and we are thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed everything! Kind Regards, Bridget