The Inn at Ca' Mea
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$130
Hotwire.com
$169
The Barlow(Hudson)(Great Value!)
$145
Travelocity
Best Western New Baltimore Inn(West Coxsackie)(Great Value!)
$106
$102
$102
TripAdvisor
B&B Lounge of Catskill(Catskill)(Great Value!)
$70
Peloke's Motel(Catskill)
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Elm Tree Motel(Craryville)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsallen streetfirst floorcity hallsleep number bedice makerthe check in processwarren stbathroom windowallen housebalcony overlookingfamily stayingshared fridgethree buildingsroom was spotlesswedding festivitiestuesday nightmodern bath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My favorite restaurant manager, anywhere, Brigitte is impeccable manager for both the restaurant and the Inn. The bar is great, where you always meet the best clientele. My last occasion saw me imbibing with a major playwright's agent, a very successful NYC architect, and, well, myself. (HA!). But the point is, that is is a relaxed place where both locals, but particularly weekend locals like to congregate—and just the right class of people—artistic but not pretentious, accomplished but not snobbish. The owners Tony and Max have kept a low-key atmosphere that accentuates the relaxation that both full-time locals and part-time weekenders rely on. With respect to the Inn, I am, let me first say, incredibly picky about Inns. I am also a light sleeper. I recommend staying on the top floors of either of their rooming properties, otherwise disturbing noises are possible from upstairs guests from the (although beautiful) hardwood floors. (These are older buildings, after all.) However, we always request no guests above us and the last time had no problem with that. I am also a very light sleeper. Now, even though the rooming buildings are older, be clear they are impeccably renovated, spotless, large, and the maid service was wonderful. The beds were sleepnumber, the a/c and/or heat the BEST. And best of all, the instructions from the incredibly laid back Brigitte so easy and attention is always so wonderful, I have no real complaints at all. The only tiny one would be that I needed to use my white noise app on my eyephone to block out the small amount of occasional traffic that occurs on Union Street, but, again, I am a very light sleeper—maybe the slightest. Finally, there is a discount attached to the restaurant for Inn guest, so make sure and take advantage of that. I cannot recommend this establishment more highly.

Room Tip: Rooms in main rooming facility (adjacent to the restaurant) are in my opinion, preferable to the new Union Street facility, but only because of street noise. The first rooming building is on a smaller street, so less traffic. Also, in either buildings upper floors preferable due to the possibility of people walking over you on the hard wood floors. But I am a light sleeper in any case...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
innatcamea, Manager at The Inn at Ca' Mea, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Wow! Thank you Thank you! This is such a great review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I am so thrilled that you enjoyed everything so immensely. Your loyalty to us has been amazing and we are always happy to have you come back and visit. Again, I cannot thank you enough for your kind words. Best, Bridget

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Spent New Year's Eve here with my husband of 34 years. We have traveled the world and spent many nights in varied accommodations. I must say that Ca Mea's Room 9, at the top of the house on Union Street, was one of the most comfortable, intimate and charming bedrooms I have encountered. Sparkling clean old wooden flooring... beautifully minimal design with classic draperies and upholstered furniture in excellent condition... modern bathroom fixtures... Add attic windows and sloped ceilings and you have the perfect set up for romance. Even after 34 years !!
For a 6th star...I would add a bath tub to this room and switch to soaps without a pine scent.

Room Tip: Room 9 is the most private room in this building. Although I never saw another guest at this fully booked inn.
Thank p.zindler

Thank you for your kind words! I really like your suggestions, although a bath tub in that room would not be possible at this time we are happy to say we are expanding the Inn. Our newest location will offer bath tubs in particular rooms. We hope to have this building open by mid summer and check our website for details and pictures. I will talk to the housekeeper and see what we can do about eliminating that pine scent.
Thank you again for such a lovely review and we are thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed everything! Kind Regards, Bridget

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I stumbled upon Ca'mea when looking for a place for a mini-honeymoon. We chose the ski-and-stay package they offered, and we can't say enough great things. When we arrived, Bridget was completely ready for us, and she, Roy and Max were very welcoming that night. The room was lovely (not fussy like a lot of older inns can be!) with a comfortable bed and nice bathroom, and we did not notice any excessive noise from the rest of the rooms (we stayed in the newer annex building). The skiing (Hunter Mountain) was great fun, and Bridget had our lift tickets all ready to go when we arrived. The package included a couples massage and a dinner at the restaurant. The spa was immaculate, and the massage therapists were great. The dinner was probably the best we've had together- my steak was certainly the most delicious I'd ever had, and cooked to perfection. Dessert was incredible. Our server was delightful, and the rest of the staff seemed equally wonderful. We just wish we'd had an extra day to look around the town and the estate at Olana. If we come back, we'll definitely stay here again. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
innatcamea, General Manager at The Inn at Ca' Mea, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

This review is truly amazing and we cannot thank you enough. We just started offering various packages and it is important to us to get your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a review and we are all happy to be a part of such a special occasion for you.
We hope to see you on another occasion to town, there are always so many wonderful things to do in Hudson and we are always here to make your trip as memorable as possible. Kindest Regards, Bridget-- Grazie!!

Reviewed December 17, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Hudson for a friends wedding in December. I work for a luxury hotel brand and typically stay there but as this was a small town, there was no option for us to do that this trip. We are also not big fans of B&B's which there are a lot of in the Hudson area so I was so happy to find this amazing Inn!! It surpassed all our expectations with the room and service provided from all the staff. We stayed in the craftsman style house and loved it. The location was perfect, room beautifully decorated, clean, and above all...a great nights sleep. The beds are sleep number beds and after the first night we had to look up where we could buy one when we got home. Amazing!

As to the noise that others have mentioned, it was not an issue at all for us. It is an old house so there will be some hallway noise but nothing that kept us up or worth complaining about.

Overall...I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I come back to Hudson.

1  Thank studioburg

Wow! Grazie! We cannot thank you enough for such a great review, it means a lot to us that you enjoyed everything so much. We are currently expanding and do hope you will be back in town on another occasion to check it out. Again, thank you very much. Kindest Regards, Bridget- Manager

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Found Ca Mea through TripAdvisor reviews, and it really lived up to everything everyone said! We arrived early in the day and were able to get into our room to leave luggage and freshen up, which was a real help. The bed was comfortable, furnishings elegant, and everything was super clean and inviting. Hudson is a great town to explore, with plenty of antique shops and cafes/ Olana, home of Frederick Church, Hudson Valley artist, is nearby with beautiful walking or running paths.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
innatcamea, Manager at The Inn at Ca' Mea, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2011

Thank you for your review! Hudson is such a unique and fun town and we are glad you felt at home in 'our home.' We hope to see you again! Thank you- Best, Bridget