“Very clean!”
Review of The Inn at Ca' Mea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hudson
The Inn at Ca' Mea
Ranked #4 of 16 Hudson B&B and Inns
Upstate NY
“Very clean!”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at the inn for one night of a business trip, and it was a very nice change from chain hotels.

Do the floors creak? Yup, you're staying in a historic building and that's part of the charm! But the room and bathroom were immaculately clean and came equiped with a small fridge, a comfy bed with lots of pillows, two wine glasses and a corkscrew - nice! It was also easy to walk to various shops and restaurants in town. My only suggestions are for a place in the bath to hold toiletries (maybe a shelf above the toilet?) and also a notice that the plug near the bed turns off when you turn off the lights. Several of us were traveling together and none of us had a freshly charged phone in the morning since we turned the light (and plug) off when we went to bed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
innatcamea, Manager at The Inn at Ca' Mea, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Grazie! We appreciate your feedback and honest review! We love to hear back from business guests as they are usually in and out so quickly. We will look into putting some sort of extra shelf in the shower for toiletries, that is an excellent suggestion. Being the an older building some of our outlets are connected to the switches and I am very sorry that this was not explained.. I know how much of a pain it is when your phone is dying! Next time you are in town we hope you will stay with us and we will make sure this does not happen again! Kindest Regards, Bridget

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My favorite restaurant manager, anywhere, Brigitte is impeccable manager for both the restaurant and the Inn. The bar is great, where you always meet the best clientele. My last occasion saw me imbibing with a major playwright's agent, a very successful NYC architect, and, well, myself. (HA!). But the point is, that is is a relaxed place where both locals, but particularly weekend locals like to congregate—and just the right class of people—artistic but not pretentious, accomplished but not snobbish. The owners Tony and Max have kept a low-key atmosphere that accentuates the relaxation that both full-time locals and part-time weekenders rely on. With respect to the Inn, I am, let me first say, incredibly picky about Inns. I am also a light sleeper. I recommend staying on the top floors of either of their rooming properties, otherwise disturbing noises are possible from upstairs guests from the (although beautiful) hardwood floors. (These are older buildings, after all.) However, we always request no guests above us and the last time had no problem with that. I am also a very light sleeper. Now, even though the rooming buildings are older, be clear they are impeccably renovated, spotless, large, and the maid service was wonderful. The beds were sleepnumber, the a/c and/or heat the BEST. And best of all, the instructions from the incredibly laid back Brigitte so easy and attention is always so wonderful, I have no real complaints at all. The only tiny one would be that I needed to use my white noise app on my eyephone to block out the small amount of occasional traffic that occurs on Union Street, but, again, I am a very light sleeper—maybe the slightest. Finally, there is a discount attached to the restaurant for Inn guest, so make sure and take advantage of that. I cannot recommend this establishment more highly.

Room Tip: Rooms in main rooming facility (adjacent to the restaurant) are in my opinion, preferable to the new...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you Thank you! This is such a great review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I am so thrilled that you enjoyed everything so immensely. Your loyalty to us has been amazing and we are always happy to have you come back and visit. Again, I cannot thank you enough for your kind words. Best, Bridget
cummington,ma
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Spent New Year's Eve here with my husband of 34 years. We have traveled the world and spent many nights in varied accommodations. I must say that Ca Mea's Room 9, at the top of the house on Union Street, was one of the most comfortable, intimate and charming bedrooms I have encountered. Sparkling clean old wooden flooring... beautifully minimal design with classic draperies and upholstered furniture in excellent condition... modern bathroom fixtures... Add attic windows and sloped ceilings and you have the perfect set up for romance. Even after 34 years !!
For a 6th star...I would add a bath tub to this room and switch to soaps without a pine scent.

Room Tip: Room 9 is the most private room in this building. Although I never saw another guest at this fully...
Thank p.zindler
Thank you for your kind words! I really like your suggestions, although a bath tub in that room would not be possible at this time we are happy to say we are expanding the Inn. Our newest location will offer bath tubs in particular rooms. We hope to have this building open by mid summer and check our website for details and pictures. I will talk to the housekeeper and see what we can do about eliminating that pine scent.
Thank you again for such a lovely review and we are thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed everything! Kind Regards, Bridget
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I stumbled upon Ca'mea when looking for a place for a mini-honeymoon. We chose the ski-and-stay package they offered, and we can't say enough great things. When we arrived, Bridget was completely ready for us, and she, Roy and Max were very welcoming that night. The room was lovely (not fussy like a lot of older inns can be!) with a comfortable bed and nice bathroom, and we did not notice any excessive noise from the rest of the rooms (we stayed in the newer annex building). The skiing (Hunter Mountain) was great fun, and Bridget had our lift tickets all ready to go when we arrived. The package included a couples massage and a dinner at the restaurant. The spa was immaculate, and the massage therapists were great. The dinner was probably the best we've had together- my steak was certainly the most delicious I'd ever had, and cooked to perfection. Dessert was incredible. Our server was delightful, and the rest of the staff seemed equally wonderful. We just wish we'd had an extra day to look around the town and the estate at Olana. If we come back, we'll definitely stay here again. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
innatcamea, General Manager at The Inn at Ca' Mea, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
This review is truly amazing and we cannot thank you enough. We just started offering various packages and it is important to us to get your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a review and we are all happy to be a part of such a special occasion for you.
We hope to see you on another occasion to town, there are always so many wonderful things to do in Hudson and we are always here to make your trip as memorable as possible. Kindest Regards, Bridget-- Grazie!!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 17, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Hudson for a friends wedding in December. I work for a luxury hotel brand and typically stay there but as this was a small town, there was no option for us to do that this trip. We are also not big fans of B&B's which there are a lot of in the Hudson area so I was so happy to find this amazing Inn!! It surpassed all our expectations with the room and service provided from all the staff. We stayed in the craftsman style house and loved it. The location was perfect, room beautifully decorated, clean, and above all...a great nights sleep. The beds are sleep number beds and after the first night we had to look up where we could buy one when we got home. Amazing!

As to the noise that others have mentioned, it was not an issue at all for us. It is an old house so there will be some hallway noise but nothing that kept us up or worth complaining about.

Overall...I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I come back to Hudson.

1 Thank studioburg
Wow! Grazie! We cannot thank you enough for such a great review, it means a lot to us that you enjoyed everything so much. We are currently expanding and do hope you will be back in town on another occasion to check it out. Again, thank you very much. Kindest Regards, Bridget- Manager
Rutland, Vermont
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Found Ca Mea through TripAdvisor reviews, and it really lived up to everything everyone said! We arrived early in the day and were able to get into our room to leave luggage and freshen up, which was a real help. The bed was comfortable, furnishings elegant, and everything was super clean and inviting. Hudson is a great town to explore, with plenty of antique shops and cafes/ Olana, home of Frederick Church, Hudson Valley artist, is nearby with beautiful walking or running paths.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
innatcamea, Manager at The Inn at Ca' Mea, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Thank you for your review! Hudson is such a unique and fun town and we are glad you felt at home in 'our home.' We hope to see you again! Thank you- Best, Bridget
Vancouver
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stumbled upon this charming hotel one night in October 2011. First we had an amazing dinner in the restaurant, and later retired to our room in a renovated older house on a quiet street about one block away.
The room was very nice, and no problem with no problem with noise. Hudson is a charming old town, and we really enjoyed our stay. We had no trouble finding several nearby restaurants which served hearty breakfasts.
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience. We will hope to see you on another occasion! Thank you! Best- Max Roy and Bridget
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
St. Charles Hotel
#7 of 16 in Hudson
Stewart House
Stewart House
#1 of 1 in Athens

Been to The Inn at Ca' Mea? Share your experiences!