“Everything you need to know Room 104 (2) dubble beds”
Review of Howe Caverns Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Howes Cave
Howe Caverns Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Howes Cave
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

The most Important thing you need to know is this is a basic hotel nothing fancy!
Located 2 min walk to the main attractions of Howes caverns

Review of room 104
2 dubble beds
Large bathroom w/ dubble sink
Small desk dresser combo
19" tv (not flat screen)
Microwave / mini fridge
Several lights
Luggage rack

Room clean newer paint furniture in good condition. mattress fair (firm coil spring) average economy bedding & pillows all bedding was clean

Bathroom clean large dubble sink. Divideing door for shower & toilet
Shower was clean with no signs of mold
Towels (4) bath towels (4) hand towels (4) wash cloths (1) floor towel. Towels were not very soft but all were clean

The room was of average economy hotel quality. The room was clean !
If your visiting the cave you can't get a better location
room was quiet (I could hear the shower next door)

Review based on room 104 only

HOTELL STAFF
staff here is great! I originally called and the hotel was all booked. The lady that I talked to took down my information incase of a cancelation. I held out on booking at another location till last minute sure enough I received a call a few days before I wanted to stay by the same lady I was able to book for the day I wanted

I informed her I would be comeing with a travel trailer and wanted to make sure that there was addiquate parking. She assured me that there was adaquite room for parking. Appon check in I told the gentleman that was at the check in counter that I had the travel trailer I would like to drop some where to take the truck out to get food and do mini golf. He told me where I could drop it with out a problem.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The cavern package was a good deal. Small beds but double sinks. Breakfast not available until 9:00 am so we went to Wal-Mart.

We enjoyed he cavern tour. We suggest getting the first tour. Tanner is a great guide. Marianne was very helpful at the Mineral Museum.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Love this place, tranquil and beautiful. Rooms were perfect, the bathroom were separated shower and toliet together and sink in another room, perfect for a bigger family were you can shower and have privacy while you can brush your teeth or do your hair in the other room. There's a bench outside your room so that you can sit and relax and appreciate the sunset. Howe Cavern is beautiful, you have to go there and experience the wonders of underground. Will go again of course. Thank you staff for this wonderful experience,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at the motel because we were attending a wedding at the new pavillion. Room was great. Never seen such a huge bathroom in a motel. Fridge and coffe maker were provided. Beds were comfortable and room was spotless. April the motel manager was very pleasant to work with. Great views and benches to sit on outside and enjoy those views.

1  Thank chicaNewYork
Reviewed July 25, 2012

On the way back from Niagra falls to MA we stopped at Howes Caverns Motel for the night. We planned on going to the caverns the next day and booked the family suite. Room was very nice. Two big private bedrooms with 2 queen beds in each. One large shared bathroom. We got a package which included two adult tickets, fudge and gems, and a gift bag. It was a very nice experience. Well worth the stop.

3  Thank jmjb0049
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We spent one night at the Howes Caverns Motel and the view was remarkable. The room was VERY OLD but comfortable. The room was clean, however, the sheets could use replacing and the blinds in the bathroom had a lot of dust on them. The one good thing about staying in this hotel is the plans they offer. We booked the Family Plan which included some fudge, mining rough, miniture golf, and 2 adult passes to the Cavern tour.

3  Thank TONYJAYE
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We've stayed here a few times - we get the room with the fridge and microwave and bring some of our own food/beverages. You can't beat the (AAA) prices!! rooms and bathroom are huge. They do supply soap and shampoo, but thats it. Beds are comfortable. this last time we stayed the tv had a dvd player. Rooms are basically clean. We use this motel as a 'base of operation' and take day trips. Not only is Howe Caverns and all of its activities RIGHT there, but within 60 minutes you also have secret caverns, cooperstown, herkimer mines, hyde hall. Get back to the main road and take a right...a mile down the road is EVERY store you could need, a few decent restraunts, and a diner. there is a list a local restauraunts (I forget if its inthe room you you have to ask) but we've eaten at several and all are good - we especially liked the italian one. We recommend this motel to everyone.
There is a pool but we've stayed out of season for it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Johnstown
Mallozzi's Belvedere Inn
Mallozzi's Belvedere Inn
#4 of 15 in Schenectady

Been to Howe Caverns Motel? Share your experiences!