“Underground Stroll” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howe Caverns

Howe Caverns
More attraction details
Owner description: At the great cave of the Northeast, an elevator takes you 156’below ground. The doors open into a prehistoric underground cavern 6,000,000 years in the making! Trained tour guides help negotiate the cave and teach about its magnificent natural features. Back on the surface, mine for gemstones at Howe Caverns Mining Co. Beginning summer 2011, enjoy the first phase of Howe High Adventures—featuring ropes courses, climbing walls, zip lines and more!
Cheshire, Connecticut
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Underground Stroll”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Having been to Howes Cavern as a kid, it was fun to go back with my own children. Apparently, they sold off part of the area but the current explorable portion is still fun. Its an easy walk 150 feet under the ground. We went on April and crowds were low which is nice cause at times I lagged behind group and was able to capture images of an empty cavern. The surrounding area would be very pretty during the fall. Its a one time trip not a repeated journey. They now offer a "Dirty" Spelunking tour but not sure if $100 per person for 2 hours is worth it.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank R. Edward N
April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for your review. The sale of the portion of the cave you did not see occurred a very long time ago, the tour you saw is the same tour we have given since the Lodge opened in 1929. April is a nice time of year to visit with smaller tour groups. Howe Caverns is definitely a repeat visit for any family that enjoys the cave's immense beauty. The Adventure Tour is our wild caving tour that we have been offering for several years now. If you are debating on whether the tour is worth the value, scroll through our reviews and see how other guests have raved about the amazing time they had on their private spelunking tour.

Jewett City
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I went as a little getaway and we enjoyed ourselves. It was a very special and unique experience I would recommend it for any age!!

Visited May 2013
April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
I am happy to hear that you and your husband had a great time on your little getaway to Howe Caverns!
Corning, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience and well worth visiting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Myself and my son along with his cub scout pack and their families visited your caverns for our very first time. It was a great experience for all of us and we really enjoyed ourselves. It was amazing to us all how much there is to see throughout the underground tour and also the rock mining building . We will definitely make another trip back to visit again when all the outdoor activities are available.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank cableguybri
April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
I am happy you and the rest of your Cub Scout Troop enjoyed the tour. I hope you guys will be able to come back in the main season so you can try out our Adventure Park!
Bergen, New York, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“a natural wonder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

my friend had suggested a 3 day get away to Howe Caverns, close by,never been so I said sure!!

so glad we went,first it was off season so it was less expensive and no people, well actually 4 other people stayed at the hotel but only one night so we had it to ourselves for 2 days. The hotel was clean,very basic but comfortable.

My friend unfortunately fell ill and was unable to take the tour or partake in the homemade fudge. but he did not hold it against me to enjoy. I was treated to my very own tour of the caverns, it was just beautiful and amazing. what a gorgeous natural wonder.

definitely suggest this attraction for families and all

Visited October 2013
April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your quiet stay at the Motel and your private tour of the caverns. The off season is definitely a nice time to visit and offers a different experience for those who traditionally visit us in the summer! We hope you are able to visit us again!
Providence, Rhode Island
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Cavern friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

The staff was pleasant, accommodating and professional. A family friendly stroll through eons of geological wonder. Fascinating formations hidden in the hills of New York. It is easy to visit,easy to park and easy enter. A favorite place for my wife and grand kids.

Visited June 2013
April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Howe Caverns and hope you will come back and visit us again sometime!