“Amazing experience and well worth visiting.”
Review of Howe Caverns

Howe Caverns
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At the great cave of the Northeast, an elevator takes you 156’below ground. The doors open into a prehistoric underground cavern 6,000,000 years in the making! Trained tour guides help negotiate the cave and teach about its magnificent natural features. Back on the surface, mine for gemstones at Howe Caverns Mining Co. Beginning summer 2011, enjoy the first phase of Howe High Adventures—featuring ropes courses, climbing walls, zip lines and more!
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Myself and my son along with his cub scout pack and their families visited your caverns for our very first time. It was a great experience for all of us and we really enjoyed ourselves. It was amazing to us all how much there is to see throughout the underground tour and also the rock mining building . We will definitely make another trip back to visit again when all the outdoor activities are available.

1  Thank cableguybri
April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

I am happy you and the rest of your Cub Scout Troop enjoyed the tour. I hope you guys will be able to come back in the main season so you can try out our Adventure Park!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

my friend had suggested a 3 day get away to Howe Caverns, close by,never been so I said sure!!

so glad we went,first it was off season so it was less expensive and no people, well actually 4 other people stayed at the hotel but only one night so we had it to ourselves for 2 days. The hotel was clean,very basic but comfortable.

My friend unfortunately fell ill and was unable to take the tour or partake in the homemade fudge. but he did not hold it against me to enjoy. I was treated to my very own tour of the caverns, it was just beautiful and amazing. what a gorgeous natural wonder.

definitely suggest this attraction for families and all

I am so glad you enjoyed your quiet stay at the Motel and your private tour of the caverns. The off season is definitely a nice time to visit and offers a different experience for those who traditionally visit us in the summer! We hope you are able to visit us again!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The staff was pleasant, accommodating and professional. A family friendly stroll through eons of geological wonder. Fascinating formations hidden in the hills of New York. It is easy to visit,easy to park and easy enter. A favorite place for my wife and grand kids.

April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Howe Caverns and hope you will come back and visit us again sometime!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

It has been about 39 years since we were last here, when our kids were young. This trip, March 1st, there were 10 of us; our kids and grandkids, and all enjoyed to the max. Will probably return in the Spring to take advantage of the added outdoor attractions, which the kids would enjoy immensely. This is a must see attraction. It is a guided tour, part walking and part boat ride, 150+ feet underground. The guides are well informed and do a great job of explaining how the caves were discovered and how the various stalactites and stalagmites are formed. The temperature is about 50 degrees cool and damp, so it is advised to dress warmly When we toured, the outside temp was 20 degrees, so it actually made us feel warmer. Conversely, in the Summer when it is in the high 80's, it will be quite chilly. This was a fantastic experience for all.

1  Thank John H
April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your recent visit to Howe Caverns. Our off-season is a great time to visit as the tours tend to be smaller and more personal :) We look forward to your return visit in the spring to try out our outdoor activities, they are a blast! All the best to you and your family!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I went in February of 2014 and had a great time! It was the off season when we went so we had a private tour, just us and the tour guide, which was pretty cool. He led us on an excellent tour and was very personable. Good family fun!

2  Thank sportslover9898
April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

We are so glad you were able to visit us and enjoyed your private tour! The off-season is a great time of year to visit when it is quieter and private tours are frequent. We hope you will be able to visit us again sometime!