“WOW - WHAT VIEWS and good vegan food.”
Review of Howe Caverns

Howe Caverns
More attraction details
Owner description: At the great cave of the Northeast, an elevator takes you 156’below ground. The doors open into a prehistoric underground cavern 6,000,000 years in the making! Trained tour guides help negotiate the cave and teach about its magnificent natural features. Back on the surface, mine for gemstones at Howe Caverns Mining Co. Beginning summer 2011, enjoy the first phase of Howe High Adventures—featuring ropes courses, climbing walls, zip lines and more!
Gloversville, New York
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“WOW - WHAT VIEWS and good vegan food.”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great tour for young and old. Nice boat ride. High interest. There is a lot of walking and come dressed appropriately for 50 deg temps.

Great veggie burger that they make fresh daily.

Visited June 2013
April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your tour! The food in our Cafe is delicious and we do offer healthy menu options because we understand eating healthy is important and we want our guests to be happy! I hope you get a chance to visit us again in the future!

albany ny
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Very nice tour”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our tour guide Cheynne was wonderful! We had a good time and the caves were very interesting and the history of the caverns was informative. Their is a cafe and gift shop. If you go dress warmly..it is colder down there than you may think. No shorts or sandals. Long pants, sweatshirt and shoes.I wish I had worn gloves and a hat.
Tour takes 1.5 to 2 hours.
No bathroom in caves..make sure you go before the tour!

Visited June 2013
April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you writing about your recent trip to Howe Caverns. We are glad you enjoyed you tour. It is a cool 52 degrees in the cave year round so its a good thing to dress warm! We like to say we are the coolest place in the summer and the warmest place to visit in the winter. We hope you will be able to visit us again in the future.
Paxton, Massachusetts
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Amazing Underground”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

After leaving NY this past Memorial Day weekend, we decided to take a few hours to visit Howe Caverns. It was about an hour and half out of our way... but figured it would be well worth it. And it was! It was a wonderful time for both the young and old in our party. Although we did skip some of the stops with lots of steps for the sake of some older knees ;0) The property itself was absolutely beautiful inside and out. They have a nice small cafeteria area with the basics and ice cream vending machines. We enjoyed a small boat ride in the caverns... and our tour guide Kimberly was amazing. She did a wonderful job stating the history of the property in addition to keeping her tour intact and aware of their surroundings. We enjoyed the gift shop and brought home some great souvenirs. We spent about 2 or so hours on the property. Would definitely recommend to passers by... and would visit again if in the area.

April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I are so glad you decided to take the little detour from your route to visit us! I am happy you enjoyed the tour and I will make sure to pass your praises to Kimberly, she is a very good tour guide :) I hope the souvenirs you took home with your continue to remind you of your visit here and hope you will be able to visit us again in the future. Thank you for taking the time to write about your trip to Howe Caverns!
Woodridge, New York
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Adventure Tour”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a three hour drive one way to get to Howe Caverns so we decided to make a trip of it. Our trip started with the Adventure Tour at Howe Caverns. We arrived an hour early and let them know we were there. Our reservation was for 12:30 and they let us start at 12:00. Our tour guide (Karoline) was knowledgeable and friendly, she made it a great experience for us. The gear that they provided was sufficient, however, I am allergic to latex and decided to go without the latex gloves and i am so glad that i did. I think it was a better experience to actually feel everything myself. I absolutely loved this tour and would recommend it to anyone. My only disappointment was that the cafe was closed while we were there so we had to drive elsewhere for a quick meal.

April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about the Adventure Tour. It is such a great way for our guests to get more of a "natural caving" experience. Karoline is an excellent tour guide, and I am glad she was able to make your trip here more enjoyable. I too have done the tour several times and prefer to do it without the gloves! I hope you will be able to visit us again in the future!
East Freetown
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Going under ground”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

if you ever get the chance and you're in the area it a must see adventure.. the 1 1/2 hr tour is well worth the experance. something for all ages

April I, Manager at Howe Caverns, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your trip to Howe Caverns. It always makes my day when I see a guest has enjoyed our cave tour as much as I do! I hope you will visit us again in the future.