Surfside 3 Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$173
Courtyard
Oasis Motel(Brooklyn)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and wasn't expecting anything special but I was pleasantly surprised at how fantastic this motel was. First of all they provide an excellent free shuttle service to and from JFK. The staff are some of the friendliest hotel staff I've ever come across they provided me with so much info of the local area showing me where to eat, where to get the subway into Manhattan and what I should do while I was there. They even refused tipping when they dropped me off at the motel and carried my luggage in, this shocked me a lot as most drivers are more than happy to take your money. The motel itself is fairly basic but still its lovely and clean and comfortable, just what I needed. I had a lovely view of the water outside and the location of the motel is perfect. There is a convenience shop right next door and just a bit further there are plenty of other shops and restaurants. The subway stop is about a 20 minute walk or just a quick taxi ride and its a direct train into Manhattan. They even provided me with a free late check out. This motel exceeded all my expectations and I would definitely recommend it! oh and check out the bagel place just down the road, the staff at the motel recommended it to me and by far the best bagels I've ever had!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Amy E
Reviewed July 21, 2012

stayed at this motel for 10 nights, nice little place with a great water view, lots of shops and restaurants close by. free shuttle to jfk, bus stop just a few minutes walk away. friendly staff and cleaning provided every day. would definitely recommend and would stay here again when i go back to new york. thank you for a great stay

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tiara87
Reviewed July 14, 2012

found a litle diamond here fantastic staff, clean motel and rooms, bus and trains just mins away, great views from the bedroom right on the water front even being so close to jfk didnt spoil it with planes going over so low, i would recommend this diamond to families and couples, only the second time ive been to new york and i though i couldnt top the first place we stayed in but once again i picked the best place, just mins away from the beach, great eating places, and to top it off free shuttle to and from the airport, stayed here for 10 nights and didnt want to come home, would recomend to families and couples, fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank angie58_11
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for one night, as we we flying back home from JFK and needed the hotel nearby.
This one was great, the stuff was very friendly, everything was clean and working well. They also provided us with the free shuttle to the JFK as promised.
What should be said, if you are taking a bus and going across the bridge, do not go too far, as the neighbourhood there seems dangerous.
But the area around hotel is safe and has many places to eat things like pizza, because it seems there are plenty of Italians living here.

Room Tip: The second floor seems better, but we stayed on the first one, but i would prefer second.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iikor
Reviewed June 30, 2012

shalom we were plesantly surprised about the wonderfull treat of the stuff and the grate services and the kindness of the hotel stuff its a very nice wo memory its was such a wonderful time.we will recomend to our friendsnd family about the hotel.we wish you all the good luck.marlena and vladimir haifa israel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends