“Very clean and relaxing atmosphere”

The Inn at Houghton Creek
Ranked #1 of 1 Houghton B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 21, 2011

This is the second time I've stayed at the Inn at Houghton Creek. The rooms are very comfortable and extremely clean. The atmosphere is very peaceful and relaxing. It's a wonderful place to stay if you're in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed February 20, 2011

Wife and I stayed there one night while our daughter attended an event at the college. The room was clean and comfortable. Staff polite and efficient. Would definitely stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2011

The Inn was pretty and the service was friendly, but it was way too high-priced and there was no where else for a disabled to stay close to Houghton campus! I brought one extra teenager so that we had 4 people in a 2 queen bed room & they CHARGED ME AN EXTRA $10 FOR HER ("because she would use extra amenities" they said)!! None of the teens used ANY of the toiletries or the hairdryer, iron or coffee provided in the room!! It was such a rip-off and I will never stay there again, even if my child attends the college(I'll do whatever it takes to stay somewhere else). In a bigger city we would have had sooo many more options (pool, continental breakfast) for 1/3 of the price!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
IAHCInnkeeper, General Manager at The Inn at Houghton Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

I am sorry you feel that you paid too much for your stay with us. I assure you, however, that our rates are comparable, if not somewhat lower than other places in the area. We charge the same base rate for all of our rooms, but add $5 for each additional person over 10 years old. If you feel you were overcharged, please contact me and I will look into it!

Reviewed January 31, 2011

Nice large rooms, and very friendly staff make this a comfortable spot to spend a day or a week. proximity to Houghton College can't be beat. The area is short on restaurants, but there are plenty of good ones within a 30 minute drive.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2010

There are very few hotels near Houghton College. This one is right no the edge of the campus. I generally look for the best deal, financially but this trip, I wanted to have more time with my daughter so we opted to stay here. It was worth every penny! Immediately, the cleanliness hit me. Everything was so nice and clean. I felt at ease having my 5 year olds roll all over the floor. The beds were the most comfortable hotel beds I've stayed in. All in all, it was a wonderful experience. Best of all, I had lots of time with my daughter and was able to participate in the college activiites and head back to our room when we wanted to just rest.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Located at the entrance to Houghton College, it is easy to find. It is a two story, medium sized inn. Our room was exceptional, being a corner room, with windows on adjacent walls, otherwise being your standard layout.

Exceptionally maintained, clean and fresh, and very welcoming. It had one of the most comfortable beds ever, and despite being at the college entrance, was very quiet, with no traffic noise.

Just two points I would mention: No free internet, USB cards are available for $3.00 per day, unusual in this internet age. Secondly, no alcohol allowed on the premises. Why, I don't know, perhaps due to it being on the grounds of the college.

Overall, an outstanding value which I recommend heartily

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
IAHCInnkeeper, Manager at The Inn at Houghton Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here! I wanted to just clarify, however, that we do offer free wireless internet throughout the Inn (the USB cards, I agree are out of date). Also, although alcohol is not sold at the Inn or in Houghton, we do allow our guests to bring their own beverages to enjoy in their rooms.

Been to The Inn at Houghton Creek? Share your experiences!