“Look for another location prices are way to high for this level of hotel. Im not sure how they keep the holidayinn express fr”

Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
upstate new york
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Does not meet the holiday inn express expectation. Yes this was remodeled. But not completely and the materials used were substandard. I am a priority club member so I have stayed at many locations across the country and this by far is the worst stay. Very displeased. I was placed in a room by route 86. Room 151. Truck noise all night long. When I checked in another guest was asking for a room change. The front desk person advised that rooms were full and that others had also complained about the noise. She gave him a kit that included ear plugs and eye covering I think...

Very loud noise sounded like some type of blower coming from behind bathroom wall.

When the fan came on for the air conditioner I could smell cigarette smoke, I found this to be disgusting this was a mine smoking room. Maybe the rooms share a common air circulating system ??

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank emptynesters_ny
EmilyHubbell, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We strive to provide all of our guests a great place to stay along with a high level of service. We especially pride ourselves on providing accommodations that exceed our guest’s expectations and we are continually pursuing ways of reducing the impact of the noise that occurs as a result of the highway. I'd love for you to come back and allow us a second chance. Please contact me to discuss further the details of your stay. Thank you again, for providing us with your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hungarian first
Wales, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We chose the Holiday Inn Express in Horseheads because it was the least expensive and it came with a free full breakfast with a short drive over to Watkins Glen where we toured the Seneca Lake wineries. The rooms were clean, the shower was hot and big, the toiletries were great and the breakfast couldn't be beat for free. This is not contintental folks. The staff were friendly and nice. Easy to find, right off the highway.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Penny C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always a nice feeling when someone takes the time to compliment the hard work and dedication that our staff shows in their everyday roles. We are continually striving to provide accommodations and service that exceed our guest’s expectations and it’s nice to hear that we have done that for you. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us next time you are in town.
Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is a typical holiday inn express. Business Centre, Free breakfast. The worst thing is the cost. I almost choked on the price. $179??? For this place?!! I checked out hotels in surrounding areas but they all seemed to be the same price. Why? You got me. One review below says construction workers stay here often. But, we needed to stop so we closed our eyes and stayed.
Front desk was wonderful and gave a goody bag for being a priority member. Breakfast area was very nice and in it's own room. Located close to Friendlys, Cracker Barrel and shopping area.
Hotel is older but room are updated. Wifi was very slow. Made a quick long distance call and the charge was $6. I think I was on the phone 3 minutes.
I would try to stay somewhere else next time just because the price was crazy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear beach724,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback. I'm sorry you were not fully satisfied with your stay. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
North Syracuse, New York
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I've stayed at plenty of Holiday Inn Expresses and have always been happy. All of the positive comments here apply. The rooms are nice, but it's an older property located in an oddball place for a hotel brand of this quality. Also - HDTV with real HDTV channels was a nice touch.

Only gripe - room was right near the I-86 highway overpass. Called the front desk and the nice girl arranged a new room for me on the other end of the hotel without a hassle. If you're in a higher number room with an odd-number, you'll hear what I mean. If you're hard of hearing, the room will be perfect for you!

Just beware that because of the natural gas drilling just south of the NY/PA border, that rooms are in high demand in the Horseheads/Elmira area and the room rates reflect that. You may find better deals near Ithaca or Corning. I've stayed at other Holiday Inn Express hotels for far less than the $160+taxes I'm paying tonight. I mean, it's *Horseheads NY* in the depressed southern tier of NY - not a tropical resort!!

Room Tip: Don't get an odd numbered room higher than 111 or 211 - or you'll be up all night hearing th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Nessman1
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This property appeared to be recently remodeled and looked very nice. However, it was unseasonably warm during my stay and the HVAC system was so out of date I did not have the option of using the AC because the winter heat was still on. The front desk, all of whom were very nice, suggested I open my window which faced the highway. Also, do not stay on the second floor if you have the option, if it rains it sounds like you are sleeping under a tin roof.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TravelBarrister
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear BuffaloBarrister,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Katie J
IHGCare
Mechanicsville
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This hotel has been updated, based on previous reviews. Rooms are spacious and very clean. You even get a welcome bag filled with goodies when you check in! Free breakfast is included and served in a large room, not the side of the lobby like many other hotels. Nice variety of food, too. Many airline pilots were staying there, which is usually a good sign. I have 2 complaints- the shower head was VERY low, and the heater was a bit noisy, but they both worked well otherwise. It's a tad pricey, but it is NY!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luvsummer5104
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Clean, spacious rooms. Nice staff, however I felt like I was in a maze, trying to find my room! The only vending machine I found was a pepsi machine. Overall, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011