“They have beds and the Internet worked - okay really”

Knights Inn Horseheads
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
London, United Kingdom
“They have beds and the Internet worked - okay really”
Reviewed June 1, 2007

Me and my three teenage daughter's stayed here recently (May 2007) for one night in transit towards Niagara from the Knoebel's Park in Pennsylvania.

We arrived late and in the dark, the woman behind the reception was pretty friendly and for the low price we paid, it was acceptable.

Okay, some electric sockets did not work but the sheets were clean and the room was reasonably tidy and roomy. Bathroom was fine, not 4 star but not a complete dump either.

The morning revealed the bed bases were not as shining as we would have expected and the kids noticed a lighter under one of the beds . . . .

We did not have breakfast, choosing the neighbouring Friendly's Diner across the road.

At the price, and late at night, it met our needs so no complaints here. A pretty honest place and check my other reviews if you think I give hotels an easy ride.

• Liked — Free Wireless Internet Access
  • Disliked — Was a little grubby, but after a long day's driving, all we need is clean sheets and towels and a good price.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dannymcl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
Hilton, Ny
Reviewed May 20, 2007

Quoted one price, then told they wouldnt give us AARP disc when we paid. No one in office after check in. People were trashing the place
outside our room all night. Couldnt sleep at all. Place is really run
down. No one in office in morning, locked, no cofee, (was supposed to
be contiental breakfast?). Seriously, avoid this place at all costs. If I didnt have to give one star, I wouldnt.

• Stayed May 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank malou715

Travelers are raving about these Horseheads hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 18, 2006

I stayed there after I got out of the military I assumed it was between $30 & $40 like the sign outside said boy I was wrong I used my military discount instead of lowering the price they raised it they charged me $91 I was not aware until the next day the guy that day at the front desk was arabic and I think he was screwing me over because I was in the military the room was not worth that much I was trash I'll never stay there again

• Stayed June 2004, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horseheads
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 5 in Elmira
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning

Been to Knights Inn Horseheads? Share your experiences!