“Keep away from this place”

Knights Inn Horseheads
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Reviewed September 7, 2009

After staying in nice motels and hotels we got this hotel via hotwire. I must say, it was an experience. Never stayed in a place like this. The sheets didn't look that clean, it smells strange, fingernails between the bed and nightstand, dust all around the room close to the baseboards (plinth). I am not sure if I imagine the itching or not. Around five I couldn't face it anymore and went for a nap in the car.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank JohnEastman99

Reviewed August 10, 2009

I have never stayed in a place so horrible. It was the dirtiest place I have ever stayed. It felt like you were staying in a boys college dorm room built in the 70's. We apparently were in the older building. There were brown stains all over the ceilings. There were spiders in every corner and hair, fingerprints and spills on all the walls. There was brown paneling everywhere and dirty stained chairs. The bedspreads had cigarette holes all over them. The bathroom door barely opened and closed and the towels were half yellow instead of white. Oh, and if you turn the sink on when the shower is running, the shower turns cold and loses pressure. There was no drain cover on the sink and although we were given the code for the internet, it didn't work. We paid $130 a night due to a race that weekend in Watkins Glen and they were the only place around with rooms still available(no wonder!). Wish I would have planned our trip a little bit better. I am embarassed to say I even stayed there. The manager (spoken to by phone) just didn't want to hear my complains- told me I needed to report it within the first 15 minutes of my stay for him to make it better and "that it's just an old hotel". There was no making this place better. Should have just driven home!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2009

My wife and I did not find this to be a terrible motel at all. Our room was clean, no stains, no bugs. It worked just fine for our overnight stay. Don't let some old reviews scare you off.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pkdelor
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I can not say I actually spent the night. I arrived at the hotel totally expecting as the pictures on line said a "POOL". There was a pool but NO water. The hotel is located at a major highway intersection and could not even hear the people at the desk. Maybe they could not hear me either because they ignored me for five minutes! Parking lot at garbage all over and lobby was not near rooms but across the parking lot. When I asked about adjustment to my rate since there was no pool or jacussi again as the website says. They told me that was not their fault about bad info on their site . We could apply for a refund from Knights Inn after our stay. BYE BYE

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Not so sure about the other reviews, but my experience at this hotel was fine.

The sheets were clean, the beds were really comfortable pillow-top type, and the rooms were kept up nicely. Everything is conveniently located, just a hop to the highway, bunch of resturants within 2 minutes, and yes, a mall. All that I can really ask for on a budget.

I travel for work, and stayed for a week, and would return again.

I guess if you want a Hyatt, stay at a Hyatt, but for 30something a night you cant beat it.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Sunandfun09
Reviewed September 13, 2008

I wish I would have read the reviews before booking here. The blankets were disgusting, stained, with big rips and holes in them. The shower water was barely room temperature. Carpets were stained. Rooms smelled. Everything was dirty with cobwebs and hair. "Breakfast" consists of stale coffee and a packaged pastry. When I complained about the conditions, the desk clerk told me that housekeeping spends 45 minutes cleaning each room--hah! They have wireless Internet, but there is no one at the desk to give you the access code, so it is useless. Way overpriced...DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU ARE DESPERATE!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
jaipadme, General Manager at Knights Inn Horseheads, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2009

I would like to let everyone know that we have new pillow top mattreses and box springs in every room. Breakfast consist of Minute Maid Fruit juice and hot drinks. We also have honey buns and muffins. There is a microwave and refrigerator in every room. As well as free wireless internet access.

Reviewed August 17, 2008

Booked through Expedia, thought they would blacklist hotels like this. Very dirty, looks like a horror film. Walk downstairs into a basement for the room. Stains on the bedsheet and coverless pillow. Mold on shower curtain. AC barely worked. Slept in a sleeping back.

Good side is the price of $30 night (I had a package with airfare and car so didn't know). Wouldn't take the family there but if you need a place to crash it can work.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horseheads
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
#8 of 11 in Horseheads
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 5 in Elmira
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads

Been to Knights Inn Horseheads? Share your experiences!