“Bunch of Frauds and crooks”

Knights Inn Horseheads
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We made a reservation for 30th August 2013 and cancelled it over the phone on the 29th, way before the cancellation deadline. These people still charged us $250 ($177 for the room and $77 for God knows what). When we called them again to inquire about the charges, they said we never called to cancel the room. These people are not to be trusted. The guy on the other side was extremely rude and quoted some random policy and told me that I should have called a third party to cancel. Please beware of these crooks.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bhavna G

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I don't know if I just got lucky with the room I was given, but it looked as if it was remodeled recently. It was clean !!! , which is the most important part... I can't speak for the rest of the rooms there...I did notice that most of the bad reviews were more than a year old so maybe things have changed.. the best part was it only cost $40.00 [aarp rate].. I had priced all the other motels in a 15 mile radius on several different travel sites and most were well over $100.00 midweek aarp rate, some as much as $200.00.. only problem was with the wifi, had to go to lobby to use as they said a recent storm knocked out service to rooms...bathroom also has no shampoo which was no big deal as I carry my own. and even if I didn't ,I could have survived 1 nite w/o it. or I could have bought some with the $50 - $100.00 I saved.. I hope they keep up the property and don't let I get run down again.. it was pretty crowded so I guess that is a good sign ! all this being said, it's an "adequate" room w/flat screen tv and microwave + fridge.. nothing fancy .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank smitty428
Reviewed August 5, 2013

the room was disgusting. the pillow cases, blankets and sheets were covered in stains. the bathroom floor was covered in grim and filth. what a dump. go across the street and spend the extra 20.00 a night. awful, awful, awful. disgusting carpet. owner should be ashamed of themselves/

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The only good thing I have to Say about my Stay was that it was close to the Airport and close to Restaurants. First off, after arriveing at the hotel, i stood in the lobby for about 20 minutes before anyone ever came to the front desk. I would have left at that point, but i already paid fro the room through hotels.com. There was a phone to call if no one was at the front desk, but no one picked up at the other end. The women who checked us in was rude. She acted like I was an inconvenience to her. When i got to my room, i felt like i was walking into a big pile of dirt and mold. The hotle was remodeled a few months before, but you would never know it. The carpet had stains all over the place, some of which didnt even look like there was any attempt to clean it. The bathroom, although at first look, looked clean and nice, was soon to disappoint when the light is turned on, the tile looked as though it was never repleaced, with mold grwing in the corners of the walls. The sink was cracked and the was leaking. Nice flat screen tvs, but no channels, and those that did come in sometimes went out. The beds were a mess. Stains all over sheets and blankets. Some of the stains looked like dried blood. The matress felt like i was laying on a cloth bag that was filled with old stiff stuffing. If this place was remodeled, it was done with either used furnishings or really cheap crap. I was looking through some of the reviews, and have to laugh. One, im not the only one who was disgusted, but the few that actully like it, inluding a TRUCKER, must like sleeping in filth. I made a complaint to the front desk, and the first thing that i was told was that i would not recieve a refund....not oh im sorry, lets see if we can fix the problem. I did not remain at this hotel, I found another hotel closer to the Airport. It was a Hilton, and the sad thing is, i paid about $20 more, but i got a room that was clean updated with quality furnishings, adn no dried blood stains on the sheets. I know that this is not Hilton, but for what you get, it is a rip off. I have stayed in Knights inns before, and this place is giving it a very bad name.

Room Tip: Dont always settle for hotels that are on the lower end. Just because the price is low, does not mea...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Jason D
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Well, lets put things into perspective. I have read the previous reviews and there certainly have been some changes since 2012. There has been significant investment here and I will give credit where credit is due. Lots of new things...bathroom fixtures, paint and tile, windows and paint throughout. Exterior and lobby are clean and odour free. BUT there is room for improvement. The advertised "breakfast" is a cinnimon roll and coffee. In comparison this is unacceptable. Need to ramp things up a bit here. Make sure you ask for a non smoking room if you need one. I made the mistake of not asking and....well lets just say aerosol deodourant works as air freshener also. Great feature, individual heat control. Staff are friendly and willing to help. So, if you're looking for a night layover this hotel is acceptable.

Room Tip: Smoking or Non Smoking...state your choice at checkin...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The reservations were made and I was told it had been completely renovated - well I was put in a non renovated room . Worms in the corner of the bathroom floor , bugs on ceiling , and bugs flying around . Even found hair on the sheets , and candy wrappers on box spring ! Hotels in the area were sold out - so we had to leave and find another place . At least Michelle was very helpful - the owner just said to refund my money . He Really didnt care ! Tried to reach him the next day to no avail!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Needed a place to stay while visiting our son. Area motels/hotels average about $120 a night. Being part of Wyndham group was the only reason we booked. All the rooms were being updated and ours was already done. Beds were fine as well as flat screen tv and bathroom was new and nicely done. This is not the Marriott/Hilton or even the Holiday Inn but they were clean,equipped and overall pleasant for the stay. No lobby to speak of and breakfast was a packaged danish but coffee was fresh. I would not hesitate to stay there again. The best for last, room was almost half of the others in and around Elmira.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank blewnc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horseheads
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
#8 of 11 in Horseheads
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 5 in Elmira
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads

Been to Knights Inn Horseheads? Share your experiences!