“Gone down hill”

Dining options: Takeout
Horseheads, New York
“Gone down hill”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

This use to be by far one of our favorite places, but lately we have been disappointed. When we order to go, the pizza is never all the way done. Then when you go in there's never any slices available, even around lunch, if you're not early, you don't get any. they say if you ask for something they will make it, but when you do, they act like it's a problem. It's always understaffed and hectic. Some employees are great and hard working but when you call to mention anything about service or food, management does nothing for you. We've since havent been going there lately.

1 Thank Mandi2310

Corning, New York
“Love thier cinnamon knots”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Pretty good pizza, pretty good service. All in all, pleasant. Their cinnamon knots are to die for! The pizza is thin crust which I like but my wife does not so that keeps us from going there more often.

Visited September 2013
“Don't judge a book by it's cover...”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

stopped for gas at the station beside Ricco's, decided to stop in for a slice. We got the special, two slices and a drink (we shared) it was under $10 w/tip. Nice variety of slices...I had lasagna and my husband had bacon cheese burger. we both enjoyed our pizza. atmosphere was nice, much cleaner inside than out. retro 50's diner-style tables and chairs. two ladies working when we came in, very polite, fast service. when we came in one was cleaning and the other busy behind the counter waiting on customers. would eat here again.

• Visited August 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Great Fresh Authentic Pizza, Great Wings, Just Out of This World!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We ate here on the last day of our stay in New York, and our only regret is that we didn't eat here the first day and every day in between as well! The pizza had fresh toppings. After a lifetime of eating pizza, I had never realized that the toppings on every pizza I had ever eaten before were not fresh, but it seems I didn't know what "fresh" was until I tasted it there at Rico's! The wings were out of this world! I expected wings like at Pizza Hut, where they're just frozen and then fried. But these wings were in a whole different category. You'd think they had just killed the chicken out back of the restaurant! We were there with our four children, and instead of selling us 6 fountain drink cokes for 2.49 each like at every other restaurant, they just gave us 6 cups and sold us a 2 liter for about a buck. The ambience was special, like it had been especially designed by a pro. I know that the pizza place down the street, Aniello's, has a lot more reviews here on tripadvisor, but I just cannot imagine anywhere being able to compare to Rico's. We're from Louisiana, and we plan to be repeat customers at Rico's anyway. We'll work it in somehow on our next road trip!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank thetravelingworker
Horseheads, New York
“Salty and doughy”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

If that is how you like your pizza, this is the place for you. I love the chewy crust and the sauce / cheese usually satisfies my salty craving. Great garlic knots too.

Visited October 2012