“Quiet stay in Horseheads”

Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Cortland, New York
“Quiet stay in Horseheads”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here on a Tuesday night to go to a play at the Clemens Center in Elmira. We enjoyed our stay, and will be back again in November to attend another play!
There were many positive things about our stay. The staff were all super friendly and accommodating. At check in we were helped with terrific directions by a lovely young lady. The grounds are very well kept, with many places to eat outdoors. Our room was very quiet, and extremely clean. There were room-darkening curtains on the window to keep light from cars out of the room. The dispensers in the bathroom were nice for soap, shower gel, and shampoo. I think a bar of soap would also have been nice, but the dispenser cleanup is so much easier/ cost efficient and I completely understand the decision. Our room had a microwave as well as a refrigerator.
There were a couple of things worth mentioning. The hotel is in the country, and not super easy to find. The room was very small-but not a problem at all to us as we were only staying one night. Plenty of room for stuff-as there is a closet, but not a lot of walking space. Breakfast was limited, but enough to get you going in the morning. Bed looked very cute when we arrived, but I was a little concerned with the decorative pillows that did not have a sham to wash, but we just took them off the bed and considered them decoration only.
Overall, I do recommend this hotel. It was an easy trip to Arnot Mall, as well as Elmira. I'd be glad to answer any questions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Garland, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is an older hotel but clean and very quiet. Staff was efficient and wecoming. Rooms are nothing special but were OK for spending the night. The location is further out of town than we expected but was OK. We walked over to a pretty good restaurant across the parking lot. The hotel is out in the country a bit, which was pretty pleasant. Not a great hotel, but we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paula C
Hoosick Falls, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here when visiting Elmira College -- easy drive from campus and the Arnot Mall, very clean room and bathroom, comfortable beds, and wonderful to be able to control the room temperature. Only wish the continental breakfast included some fruit or yogurt to complement with or substitute for the bread products (danish, bagels, muffins, bread). Very nice visit.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CathyGG
coopersburg, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Husband and I stayed here because Ithaca hotels were all booked up for family weekend at Ithaca College. It was a 40 ? minute easy drive from the hotel to Ithaca so while not ideal it worked for us. We were very pleased with the Rodeway Inn. It was clean and comfortable. Hotel personnel were pleasant and helpful with directions. We did not stop in the lobby for the continental breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mabmak
Bath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We don't have high expectations for lodging near Watkins Glen as most hotels are expensive and run down. We used to stay at Marshall Manor years ago, so thought we'd try it again and were pleasantly surprised. The managers were very accomodating. We paid $95/night (senior rate) - not bad for the area. Our room looked like it had been recently refurbished. I liked the big countertop sink in the bathroom; excellent lighting in the bathroom; nice shower; big TV monitor; good bed. The continental breakfast was pretty basic - cereal, toast, bagels, some fruit. There is no breakfast seating so we ate in our room. The restauant on the grounds was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank swtravel
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Myself and two friends stayed one night. The room was larger than I was expecting, and was very clean. It included a mini fridge and a microwave. The price was great (I think we paid a little under $120 for a two bed room) and it was very conveniently located as we were heading to Watkins Glen State Park the following day. There was a nice breakfast included and both of the desk clerks (night and morning) were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank MMaru
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Booked this one cuz the pics showed a nice pool. Other motels to choose from a bit cheaper in the area. Checkin went fine until the end when I asked the pool hours. I was told the pool is closed. I said that the water looks great, what's wrong with it? Answer was I dunno, maintenance just says it's closed but you can go the Hilton if you want. I said that I was tired from driving and will stay anyways but could she look into it and find out what the problem is. Well she wasn't willing to do that.

Went to our room and found it to be dated and run-down but clean otherwise. The fridge is in the bathroom which was good cuz I could close the door and lessen the noise level from the worn out POS.

Fire up the laptop only to find out the hi speed internet is more like low speed dial up.

Decide to go outside and look around and there's a guy floating in the pool. At the front desk, she still couldn't tell me was wrong with the pool but it's ok to use now. <rolleyes>

The next morning the internet wouldn't work at all and I wouldn't be surprised if they disable it to get people out faster. Seen this before in my travels.

Just got my choice hotel card today, in the brochure its says they have over 6000 hotels and hi speed in em all except - you guessed it - Rodeway Inn and a couple others.

This motel does not have hi speed wifi.

Eat out front in the tavern at your own peril, I paid for it with diarhea all night.

The rest of the trip went much better in Watkins Glen, just stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zeke L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horseheads
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#6 of 9 in Watkins Glen
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning

Been to Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor? Share your experiences!