“Terrible and unprofessional”

Add it.
Friendly's
Ranked #51 of 73 Restaurants in Horseheads
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pennsylvania
“Terrible and unprofessional”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I normally enjoy visiting Friendly's. This Friendly's however, did more than disappoint. My husband, toddler and I arrived at 7:30, 2 hours before they closed. There were only 3 other people in the restaurant. Our server was rude from the beginning. Didn't introduce herself, didn't welcome us, just asked very bluntly "what do you want to drink?" Things only got worse from there. We ordered an appetizer. That arrived directly and was good. We had both ordered sandwich platters (after being told they were out of clam chowder) and our daughter a hot dog. Our food did not arrive for nearly 30 minutes. Our server did not take our appetizer plates and we had to hunt someone down to get silverware. My tuna melt was disgusting. It was like they were low and didn't want to open another can so they put in some water and mixed it up to make more. When I held up my sandwich the liquid poured out of it. It was inedible. I couldn't find our server to complain. About 10 minutes later, I saw her leave the restaurant with her coat on. Never told us she was leaving, never came to check on us before she left. We needed refills. She was gone for 20 minutes. On a smoke break. I know this because when I finally went to get her (she didn't come check on us when she came back either) to try to get a drink refill she reeked of smoke. By this time we had many plates on our table. I was annoyed and wanted to leave, but the hubby wanted ice cream. So I relented. It was this point my daughter, with all the clutter from uncleared dishes, hit a glass with her menu and spilled water everywhere. Our server disappeared, I assumed to get us napkins or cloths. Nope. She came back 10 minutes later when another server came to help us clean it up and took away the dirty dishes. Against our better judgement we continued with our ice cream order. A chocolate shake for my husband, mint chip with hot fudge for me. My husbands shake was like very cold chocolate milk. Watery and nasty. My ice cream was like a milk shake. There was no part of it that was not melted. I could drink it with a straw. I complained. No apology. No new ice cream. And no taking it off the bill. I asked for a manager and was told there wasn't one there. I called the next day and was given the run around when asked to speak with someone. I will NEVER return to this restaurant and may never return to another Friendly's as I have YET to get a response to my complaint, even from corporate.

• Visited December 2012

Morgantown, West Virginia
“Definitely exceeds expectations”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We just got back to our hotel from Friendly's. The waitress was super nice, and even gave my son an extra side for free. All of the food was great - nothing fancy, but very good for what it is. It came out slowly, but not excessively. My kids said they would like to go back there for breakfast - it's the perfect place for them. Impressive for a chain restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
Cass City, Michigan
“loved the clam chowder”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I had the clam chowder and it was very good. The ice cream desert was pretty awesome too.

Visited November 2011
Barton, United Kingdom
“Good and Friendly!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We stayed near this restaurant for 1 night only and had a great meal here. The menu was varied the food good and the waitress efficient and polite. The ice creams are to die for! Well recommended.

1 Thank Dixyview