“New Hotel, central location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
“New Hotel, central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is located in walking distance of restaurants and stores. New hotel, very clean. We stayed on first floor and had no problems with noise. High ceilings and comfortable bed. Good breakfast in lobby including, eggs, waffles, pork sausage, fruit, muffins, bagels etc. Complimentary brownies and cream puffs in lobby on the Friday evening of our arrival.
Tip: We were looking for a local, non-chain, restaurant for dinner and had very enjoyable meal at Louie's Hanover Square in Horseheads, NY. About a 5 min drive from hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Turkish first
Gap, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Pros : Central to Corning/Watkins Glen Clean and quiet considering mall location Nice breakfast set up Also,snacks at front desk in evening
Cons: Husband had to move mini fridge to plug it in Nite lite is wired to entry switch so couldn't use
Maybe add small chair, there is room Overall good experience

1 Thank nscr24
Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Be sure to get written directions to this location as it is so new that your GPS may not be able to get you there! Great hotel. Very clean hotel and rooms. Very nice pillows and large beds. Loved the room! This is a new hotel which means everything is up to date. The hvac in the room worked wonderfully! The breakfast was delicious with lots of variety. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying the in area of Horseheads, Corning or Elmira!

Room Tip: Our room was right near the elevator and ice machine and we had not issues with noise etc.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Brand new hotel, right off of the highway in the middle of a shopping area. We stayed here while going to a wedding an hour or so away, but stayed here because of Elite Marriott Status. This was my first stay at the new style hotel. The room seemed a little smaller than I am used to, but it was a good use of space, so I didn't mind. The best part of the room was the really big shower. Also liked that there was no dreaded lodgenet. Also, it was nice to have the proximity keys.

I don't need it completely pitch dark when I sleep, but If you do I would not recommend a first floor room, the room we had (125) had recessed lights outside the window, which were lit up all night, and the light snuck in a little bit around the curtains. We didn't mind, but I could certainly see how someone might.

Did not have breakfast, because cracker barrel is right there. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Teri T, Operations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear bmckim,

I hope the wedding you traveled in for was a wonderful event!
Thank you for being such a loyal Marriott Rewards member-an extra hour drive is not a small one and we appreciate and are honored you chose to stay with our Fairfield while visiting the area for your wedding.

Thank you for your feedback about the outside lights, I am going to look into the ability to point them inward (downward) more to ensure the "darker" sleeper won't be bothered and I appreciate you mentioning this for us.

If back in the area again please know we would love to again welcome you to the hotel!

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have no complaints at all about this hotel. The staff were great,breakfast good, room and bathroom EXTREMELY clean!!!! I actually liked the fact that you could walk to Walmart and other assorted stores nearby (this hotel is actually in a plaza!). Didn't care about the "view". Pool a little small but that didn't bother me!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hello Piroutte88,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and guest service levels our team offers to all our guests and I am thrilled to hear we didn't let you down.

As your travels bring you back to our area again, for work or fun, please know we would be honored to welcome you back again and again!

Warm Regards,
Clifton Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our last stop after touring the country for 4 weeks. My hometown from 47 years ago. This place is brand new. No real problems with the carpets, furnishings or bedding. The design of the shower is one that I have not seen and it is a good one. I hope Marriott uses it in future installations. No good views, but that is due to the location, which pinches the hotel into a mall. I had two annoyances. First was the "stobe" light which is attached to the smoke alarm. Just an annoying light device that should not be used in this application. I have never seen one like it, and I hope I never do. Second, the scrambled eggs were slightly better than some on our trip (18 Marriotts in 4 weeks) but not good. Somehow they sit in a runny consistency of water. Maybe the steam from the pan they sit in. Anyway, they are unappetizing and Marriott should develope a better preparation source or a better serving device. All in all, a good stay.

Room Tip: ask to stay towards the mall. The other side is an interstate. No view, but quiet.
Dear Johnl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us and WELCOME HOME! What a great honor for our hotel to be your choice of stay as you returned to the area after so many years away...thank you for sharing this with us. I hope your entire trip (the whole 4 weeks of travel-lucky you) was a successful trip with both all you wanted to see and enjoy!

I appreciate the feedback about the strobe in the guest room, we are working on resolving this as you are not the first to mention and I am glad to hear our eggs are better then others but we will continue to watch our cook times and ensure they are as fresh as possible to give the best taste to all our guests.

Have a wonderful time relaxing at home after you long travels and if in the area again please know we would be honored to welcome you back again and again!

Warm Regards,
South Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very friendly staff at this Hotel, Rooms nice and clean with new bedding mini fridge and microwave Not much of a view as next to the Wal Mart They also had discount coups to close by restaurants. I never have good luck with the room keys but it worked every time at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Teri T, Operations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hello Lee4i!

I am super happy to hear our keys worked perfectly for you! We love our key system and I think travelers will see many hotels switching to this type of a system shortly.

Our local restaurants are very generous to us with their coupons and I'm thrilled to hear you took advantage of them.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon,